• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kohli the saviour of Test cricket ....

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
jfc not only do they go and steal one of the largest diamonds on the planet from us, but then they don't even tell their people they have it.

****ing British man
Is this the ''Indian version'' of ***** I'm talking to?

Aaravpal248

Cricket Spectator
I agree with you, but along with the great batsman he is a top team spirit too. Also bowlers have always played vital roles in test cricket. Memorable moment when Anil Kumble made history by taking 10 wickets in the second innings of Pakistan tour of India 1998/99.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Am I the only one who thinks international cricketers by and large still value test cricket more than shorter formats? There have been many Indian cricketers at least who have expressed this. Yuvraj said it's his big regret that he couldn't make it big in tests. Bumrah said playing tests was the ultimate dream before he made test debut. If indeed test cricket is purest cricket who knows it better than professional cricketers.
That really varies on which team you play for/basically who your employer is.

If you are lucky enough to be employed big a Big 3 board, and a contracted player, you're earning a handsome amount playing Test cricket. Even FC players in India, England and Australia earn a healthy amount.

If you're unfortunate enough to play for the rest of the world, being slotted as a 'Test Cricketer' can be detrimental to your career financially. Test cricketers are not paid very much and if you're not contracted, just playing FC is just not a viable option. So automatically you want to be seen as a LO player so that you get picked in one or more of the T20 leagues around the world.

Ultimately it has to do with what can offer a cricketer financial stability. A cricketer might 'value' Test cricket a lot but unless FC cricket (which is the gateway) around the world offers cricketers a strong financial base, they are going to look towards T20 leagues around the world.

the big bambino

International Captain
Which is the way I'd see it if I were good enough to play cricket professionally. I'd love test cricket most of all but try and set up the rest of my life playing the twenty leagues.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
I'd definitely agree with the premise that India in the final of the first test championship can go a long way to getting the audiences back to the tests. But think it's probably in better health than people make out, given how much money home series against England and India are still worth to local economies.