• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis Vs Flintoff

Jumno

U19 Captain
Kallis, who plays the anchor role, genuine stroke maker, can bat for your life.

Flintoff, an attacking batsman who adds a lot of value being a genuinely good pace bowler.

Kallis a genuine number three test batsman.

As an all rounder, who would you pick and who is better

Jumno

U19 Captain
Flintoff's bowling is far superior and his bowling would give him an edge I feel. Both a good bowler for tests and odis.

I remember his spell against Ponting and Kallis.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff was a fine bowler, but not that good at test batting. He was one of those players who was better at ODI batting.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Flintoff's bowling is far superior and his bowling would give him an edge I feel. Both a good bowler for tests and odis.

I remember his spell against Ponting and Kallis.
I feel the idea of Flintoff, the legend of Flintoff is greater than his actual career in terms of Test Cricket, a lot of the times he couldn't handle the demand of test cricket on his body and his batting which was his secondary skill wasn't good enough to hide those flaws, so at times he was a bit of a liability in test cricket, instead of getting two players in one, you'd get a fast bowler who you were scared of giving long spells too , and a batsman whose ceiling was mid 30's at best (His test batting average was 31).

So on durability alone Kallis wins this quite easily, but Flintoff's express pace and big hitting skills I think i would take over Kallis in white ball cricket.