• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kabbadi Thread

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watched some Kabaddi highlights last night. Delhi vs. Kolkata I think. Being shown on Sky Sports in NZ.

I'd just like to ask what the **** they've done with it. I think it might have been the quality of the highlights package, but what I was seeing didn't make much sense to me. There were "power tackles" or summat, bonus points, more players coming and going than you could shake a stick at.

I did like the fact at one point that a Delhi player had been tackled to the ground and had no chance of getting back to his half, but just in case the whole Kolkata team bundled on top of him. That's the Kabaddi I remember (only with considerably less dust).

I think I preferred it before it got all jazzy.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I watched some Kabaddi highlights last night. Delhi vs. Kolkata I think. Being shown on Sky Sports in NZ.

I'd just like to ask what the **** they've done with it. I think it might have been the quality of the highlights package, but what I was seeing didn't make much sense to me. There were "power tackles" or summat, bonus points, more players coming and going than you could shake a stick at.

I did like the fact at one point that a Delhi player had been tackled to the ground and had no chance of getting back to his half, but just in case the whole Kolkata team bundled on top of him. That's the Kabaddi I remember (only with considerably less dust).

I think I preferred it before it got all jazzy.
yeah I guess. bonus point is ok though, it's basically it a raider crosses the black line deep in the defending team's side. don't care much for the super tackles and ****

i'm not too much a fan of the highlights package.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The highlights package seemed to remove all the nuance from the game. One minute, Delhi were down to 4 players left but in the next highlight they were back up to 8. What did I miss?!?

Swingpanzee

International Regular
The highlights package seemed to remove all the nuance from the game. One minute, Delhi were down to 4 players left but in the next highlight they were back up to 8. What did I miss?!?
not totally sure, didn't watch that match but what most likely happened imo was a raider succesfully touched 3 defenders (which is what i think is called a "super raid") and got the bonus point as well

yesterday's mumbai vs hyderabad was pretty damn good though