• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Joe Root vs Mark Waugh

Who is the better test batsman?

• Total voters

Gob

International Coach
You would have to be on mushrooms to think that a Root vs Williamson comparison is nothing but a fair one and I ****ing hate root. Root's away record is better well rounded with some great performances in South Africa and regardless of how he is travelling atm, he has over 1000 runs in India

Infact this time last year I'd say Root comfortably. Its pretty even now. Make a thread

Gob

International Coach
Cool I'll do it. Been a while since I made a thread. Also what an intriguing conversation through emojis

PlayerComparisons

International Regular
Has Kohli really fallen behind Kane Williamson? For one, Kohli has a much superior away record....
Both average around 40-45 away from home and Williamson averages 10 higher at home. Kohli needs another good year or two to end up at Williamson’s level which I think he’ll do.

capt_Luffy

International Vice-Captain
Both average around 40-45 away from home and Williamson averages 10 higher at home. Kohli needs another good year or two to end up at Williamson’s level which I think he’ll do.
Kane averages 30 in England, 33 in India, 21 in SA and 26 in SL ...... He is exceptional home, but his away record just leaves so much to be desired.

PlayerComparisons

International Regular
Kane averages 30 in England, 33 in India, 21 in SA and 26 in SL ...... He is exceptional home, but his away record just leaves so much to be desired.
Away records aren’t very useful without context. His SA record is literally him having a poor tour at 22. His record in SL is better than Kohlis record in Bangladesh and Bang have good spinners at home.