• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Yuvraj the most merciless plunderer of all times

Lambu

U19 Debutant
I think the thread would make sense if you suffix "once he is set" part to the title,imo.

pup11

International Coach
IMO Yuvraj is as good a flat-pitch bully one can ever hope to see, in conditions where there is no lateral movement or movement through air he can just stand and deliver as long as he wants, in such instances the only hope for a team is to bring in a spinner into the attack and hope he knocks him over, but otherwise he can be pretty brutal, but the movement the ball starts doing something Yuvraj Singh is just a sitting duck, he has no footwork at all to talk about, and he heavily depends to hand eye-coordination and his impeccable gift of timing, and conditions helpful for bowlers he just ends up looking pretty mediocre.

Fezza_8600

Cricket Spectator
I agree with OP, Yuvraj just doesn't click with test matches. But he's great in limited overs, superb to watch.

jondavluc

State Regular
Jaya fits this title alot more especially when his in the mood to hit a big one. his eyes could uncalm anyone they look simply sadistic.Yuvi is good but really does he look merciless does he really strike fear into when his in?.Lets face it jaya looks like a hardened war hero while yuvi looks like he is set up for a bollywood movie.while looks aren't everthing they sure do help t and jaya doesn't just look it he does it.

Anyways I can't really judge who is the most merciless pluderer of all time but I would say sanath is better .

Last edited:

quick4mindia

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jaya fits this title alot more especially when his in the mood to hit a big one. his eyes could uncalm anyone they look simply sadistic.Yuvi is good but really does he look merciless does he really strike fear into when his in?.Lets face it jaya looks like a hardened war hero while yuvi looks like he is set up for a bollywood movie.while looks aren't everthing they sure do help t and jaya doesn't just look it he does it.

Anyways I can't really judge who is the most merciless pluderer of all time but I would say sanath is better .
May be someone would have liked to give a thought about Chris Gayle. I assume there is not much representation here from that part of the world.

krkode

State Captain

Haha, while this is true, every time I hear Jayasuriya speak it's not at all what I would expect. Kind of like when you hear Sachin Tendulkar speak. Really soft-spoken, mild-mannered kind of guys, those two. :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:

Inconsistent as Yuvraj maybe... but i'd take jaya and Yuvraj over Afridi.
I prefer even a Pakistani above Afridi ..... Razzaq. If I wanted quick runs and failure to get them wasn't an option, I would take Razzaq any day before Afridi.

Afridi is only for two types
  1. those who love lotteries and
  2. those who cant get over the orgasm they get to see a Pathan hammering an international bowling side to smithereens.

The second would be reason enough if you were okay to 'coming' once every three years or so :dry:

Precambrian

Banned
I prefer even a Pakistani above Afridi ..... Razzaq. If I wanted quick runs and failure to get them wasn't an option, I would take Razzaq any day before Afridi.

Afridi is only for two types
  1. those who love lotteries and
  2. those who cant get over the orgasm they get to see a Pathan hammering an international bowling side to smithereens.

The second would be reason enough if you were okay to 'coming' once every three years or so :dry:
:laugh: I agree wholeheartedly. Razzak is so cruelly underrated. What a loss for Pakistan!

masterblaster

International Captain
Joke of a thread this one. Yuvraj scores a century and behold he is the most merciless plunder of all time, he is the man to replace Ganguly in tests, he is one of India's best batsmen.

An absolute load of rubbish. Put any half decent spin bowler on and watch Yuvraj Singh continually get owned by them. Put India in a ODI final or a crucial test match and watch Yuvraj fail.

While it was an amazing innings and credit goes to the man for playing so well even with a back injury, he's not the most merciless plunderer of all times nor is he the man to replace Ganguly in test cricket at number 6.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
We'v got a lot to say about Yuvraj, but there doesn't seem to be much scope in what appears to be a fanboy thread...