• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is the advent of day/night Test cricket a harbinger for a Test World Cup?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously don't get the remarkable negativity around this.

We are definitely going to get to a place where the night ball will be good enough to play with comfortably. And it will be awesome :holiday:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So assuming facing the new pink ball under lights is the most difficult thing in cricket after facing Barnes on a sticky wicket, is there really any point to ever bowl first in a D/N Test?

Bowl well and you're facing the new ball under lights.

Bowl poorly and you're facing the new ball under lights the following evening.

On the other hand,

Bat poorly and you get a shot at the opposition with the new ball under lights

Bat well and you have runs on the board

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
The test cricket world - well alright, the Australians and the English ex-player pundit fraternity - seem besotted with the day-nighter thing. I just like the traditional first-class cricket, five days played in whites beginning 11ish. I'm not even so sure we need a 'test championship' to be honest.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
God I hope not. I hope Adelaide is such a ****fest that it never becomes viable again to play a one-off Test, let alone a World Cup.
Who's this dick...Spark was absolutely right to call me out.

And two years on I love day-night Tests with every inch of my soul.