• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Ravindra Jadeja an ATG test bowler?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rangana Herath > Jadeja, as a bowler...and probably a batter (under some circumstances), since polls now are meaningless d!ck measuring contests.

:artist:

shortpitched713

International Captain
I think he's just short of being one, and not due to his home/away splits only. I think that bowling in tandem with Ashwin made his job significantly easier at times, and kept his home average very low for that reason.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he's just short of being one, and not due to his home/away splits only. I think that bowling in tandem with Ashwin made his job significantly easier at times, and kept his home average very low for that reason.
Wow, this is a new excuse to not rate him. Waqar, Walsh, Pollock, Warne, Davidson etc. should all not be ATGs by that measure.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Wow, this is a new excuse to not rate him. Waqar, Walsh, Pollock, Warne, Davidson etc. should all not be ATGs by that measure.
Well, bowling support is always considered. I think it's a minor point against Marshall, that he always had an ATG great level bowling attack suppor throughout his career.

I think in this case it's a bit more to the point though, because there's never really been such a tandem for spinners, as Ashwin / Jadeja that I can remember. Murali and Warne were lone acts and didn't have a high quality spinner supporting them. And I do mention that Warne benefited quite a bit from McGrath, imo. On the same note, I tend to think Jadeja is more the beneficiary from Ashwin than vice versa. It even helps out his super quick bowling style. That's not taking away anything from his incredible skill as an all-around player, and I think he's usually underrated as a pure bowler, instead of just an all-rounder. Just not ATG level, like Ashwin undoubtedly is, in my mind.