• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Jadeja an ATG test cricketer?

Is Ravindra Jadeja an ATG test cricketer?

• Yes

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters

subshakerz

International Coach
The Southampton and Centurion 2018 ones were definitely Ashwin's worst moments.

I think the blame he's taken for the recent SA is a bit much though. Maharaj took 1 wicket all series for 119 runs. Let's be real, those decks were designed to neuter any kind of spin and assist only pace and bounce and nothing else. India's pace bowlers were ****ing pathetic.
True and Jadeja should have played instead of Ashwin. But for a while there in the last test he seemed threatening, and then that review got turned down and he seemed to go back to being flat.

Xix2565

International Debutant
True and Jadeja should have played instead of Ashwin. But for a while there in the last test he seemed threatening, and then that review got turned down and he seemed to go back to being flat.
Jadeja was ****ing injured, holy **** do you not know anything?

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
Found the article - it’s from 2020 but must have been requoted in a recent one somewhere

To provide additional information, I have listed five high wicket-takers who missed out on the top ten. Shane Warne, James Anderson and Broad have WQI averages higher than 1.02, while Courtney Walsh and Murali just about break even. Murali took a lot of late-order wickets. Kumble has an average WQI value of around 0.99. Overall, spinners find it difficult to get on to the table. Ravindra Jadeja is the highest-placed spinner, in 14th place, with an average WQI of 1.037.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
I think Jadeja's away record is pretty fine for it's small sample size.... For once, I kinda expected Jadeja to average 40+ and around 20 in Australia; but that was with the ball and the bat, not the other way around.... His record in England is decent for a spinner, the average is a little high. In NZ and SA too few matches to judge on, though on the ones played he did well in SA with the ball (let's not talk bat) and good in NZ with the bat (let's not talk ball); and ofcourse good in WI and SL (though limited size). So yeah, overall he isn't really bad away, just underused.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Jadeja's away record is pretty fine for it's small sample size.... For once, I kinda expected Jadeja to average 40+ and around 20 in Australia; but that was with the ball and the bat, not the other way around.... His record in England is decent for a spinner, the average is a little high. In NZ and SA too few matches to judge on, though on the ones played he did well in SA with the ball (let's not talk bat) and good in NZ with the bat (let's not talk ball); and ofcourse good in WI and SL (though limited size). So yeah, overall he isn't really bad away, just underused.
That average from that many games in England isn't decent or a little high, it's disqualifying. And even if you never heard of him, one can tell that he's selectively played overseas, which is to his benefit.

There's no way he's an ATG

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
That average from that many games in England isn't decent or a little high, it's disqualifying. And even if you never heard of him, one can tell that he's selectively played overseas, which is to his benefit.

There's no way he's an ATG
And I voted for him on not being an ATG..... But for arguments sake, his average in England is better than Warne's vs India. So saying it's disqualifying is a big overstatement. Not to mention he also averages 30+ with the bat everywhere but SA (where he only played in 3 innings).