• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International cricket captain sim league

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Arthur Morris
2. Graham Gooch
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Graeme Pollock
5. Younis Khan
6. Keith Miller *
7. Les Ames +
8. Maurice Tate
9. Shane Warne
10. Joel Garner
11. Alec Bedser

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Everyone in the top 4 is really lucky Grumpy didn't make the finals, his team was on fire.
FIGJAM :cool:

3 wins out of 3 for me personally so I can't complain. Quick overview of AZH matches showed that despite getting wickets, batting collapses were the problem. Could not believe Trumper was availabilie when the trade window started. Replacing Benaud with Murali, getting Trumper in and moving the Doc down to 8 to increase the batting depth seems to have done the trick.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I like that while on another thread people are debating whether Imran's in the all-time top five bowlers, the sim here didn't trust him with more than a handful of overs, preferring to rely on Billy Bates...

Guess I'm going to have to bring back Rhodes for Hutton for the final, especially in Bangladesh.
Yeah, the AI has been killing the realism for me since round one.

Will have the second semi uploaded by tonight, hopefully Battlers' players won't be caught off guard!

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Semi Final #2

The People's Champions vs The Kolkata Fighback - Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele

The Kolkata Fighback 1st Innings

The People's Champions 1st Innings

The Kolkata Fighback 2nd Innings

The People's Champions 2nd Innings

The Kolkata Fightback won by 71 runs.

Man of the match: Charlie Turner

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Battlers good form away from home continues! Morgieb really hard done by with the AI only giving Miller a solitary over in the 3rd innings. With what must have been a real turner, the AI had no idea what to do by the looks.

Interesting to see what happens now when AndrewB & Battlers meet in Bangladesh for the grand finale.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Dont forget the big bronze medal showdown too :)
Can do. Just post your lineup HB! Will play this one in Banlgadesh too as a curtain-raiser.

On another note, a question for everyone, who's gonna win the big one, Battlers or Andrew?

Andrew is the slight favourite for me, Battlers team is arguably the Pakistan of this tournament - explosive but enigmatic.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
My line up -

Katich
Sehwag
Paynter
Kallis
Border *
Faulkner
Gilchrist +
Davidson
Laker
Spofforth
Lohmann

And pick Andrew to win the finals. :) Just so that I get to brag I was actually the 2nd best team in this comp. :)

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Final XI:

Barry Richards
Wilfred Rhodes
Ken Barrington
Denis Compton
Clive Lloyd*
Doug Walters
Clyde Walcott+
Imran Khan
Billy Bates
Dennis Lillee
Sydney Barnes

The Battlers Prince

The Kolkata Fightback

1. Brendon McCullum+
2. Hashim Amla
3. Greg Chappell*
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Wally Hammond
6. AB De Villiers
7. Bill Ponsford
8. Richard Hadlee (1)
9. Clarrie Grimmett
10. CTB Turner (2)
11. Neil Adcock

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Bronze Medal Match

The People's Champions vs Honest Hunks - Z.A.C. Stadium, Chittagong

The People's Champions 1st Innings

Honest Hunks 1st Innings

The People's Champions 2nd Innings

Honest Hunks 2nd Innings

Honest Hunks won by two wickets.

Man of the match: Arthur Morris

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Final

AndrewB vs The Kolkata Fightback - Bangabandhu National Stadium, Dhaka

The Kolkata Fightback 1st innings

Andrew 1st Innings

The Kolkata Fightback 2nd innings

AndrewB 2nd Innings

AndrewB won by 10 wickets.

Man of the match: Billy Bates

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations Andrew & commiserations to Battlers. Losing Grimmett rtd hurt in the first dig spelt disaster for battlers' team & Andrew's side only needed just one chance to attain ultimate glory. Great tournament everyone, thanks for hanging in there for the last few rounds when I slowed down a bit & thank you for participating in a friendly & fun way. I've now learned that ICC definitely has its ups & downs when it comes to simming ATG matches such as these. I wonder if the Kolkata Fightback would have won an old-fashioned vote if this were just an ordinary draft?

The Battlers Prince

Ah dammit, bloody Andrew!
Thanks for running this Jimmy it was bloody good fun. I had no idea what the sim was going to do each match so I never played the same XI 2 times in a row. :wacko:
Thanks everyone for playing too, we'll have to play again sometime

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats Andrew!!! Best team for sure. And well done, TBP. Easily the 3rd best team in the comp... ( :p ) And thanks to all other participants and a big big thanks to Jimmy for running this. This was a lot of fun to follow.