• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian domestic season 2006-07

adharcric

International Coach
Sreesanth adopting a bodyline attack against Sehwag and Tendulkar here. Unfortunately, he tried bowling a good length and got owned by Tendulkar soon thereafter.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
Neither are national prospects though. Mind you, neither is Kartik, but he used to be one. :)
TP Singh and Raghu provide a lot more value than Murali Karthik.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sachin laying into Sreesanth I see.

One thing about Gambhir, he can go on to make tons that are over a run-a-ball. I don't think its too inconceivable that he'll be opening for India in ODIs in future years.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
One thing about Gambhir, he can go on to make tons that are over a run-a-ball. I don't think its too inconceivable that he'll be opening for India in ODIs in future years.
He shouldn't have been dropped in the first place, now that we've seen Dhoni, Dravid and Uthappa opening in place of him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree with that actually. However if Gambhir were to play, Sehwag would have to be dropped from now on you'd think.

To be fair to Uthappa, he didn't do too much wrong either.

adharcric

International Coach
VRV Singh bowling quite well here. He's soooo much better than the guy who got massacred by KP when England toured. Three boys from my hometown now in the middle, with Yuvraj and Mongia batting and VRV charging in with the ball.

EDIT: Oh dear, very lethal spell from VRV here. Great line, excellent bounce and some variety as well.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cricinfo and Cricbuzz are screwed so I'm following the game on Bet365 live betting console, lol.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Cricinfo and Cricbuzz are screwed so I'm following the game on Bet365 live betting console, lol.
I cant find it. Can you provide the link please

Dravid

International Captain
Wow, I just woke up and saw the scorecard on Cricinfo. What a match this is starting to be. I never really expected for the Reds to do good, but they proved me wrong.

Good batting from Gambhir, making a solid start to this tournament and already a name to consider for the Indian squad. Also good back up by Rao with 67, who is also letting the selectors know who he is. No one else performed with the bat.

Good bowling by Pathan and Patel. Pathan finally picking up some wickets and Patel picks up as usual. I don't know what happened to Harbhajan, expected him to bowl a little bit better...he didn't pick up a wicket and went for runs.

196-5 right now and its proving to be some match.

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Good bowling by Pathan and Patel. Pathan finally picking up some wickets and Patel picks up as usual. I don't know what happened to Harbhajan, expected him to bowl a little bit better...he didn't pick up a wicket and went for runs.
Pathan turned in an improved showing from the way he bowled in Malaysia, but he still erred in length too often despite getting the line right today. Patel started out terribly, going for 15-20 in his first two overs after some no-balls, beamers and four-balls. Then he settled down and started to get going again, turning in a consistent spell which seems to have become the norm for him in one-day cricket now.

adharcric

International Coach
Funny how I'm the only one on here actually watching the match and I'm the one who doesn't live in India.

adharcric

International Coach
For a change, I reverted back to Willow TV as opposed to my usual illegal provider. Challenger + Irani for $15. Good stuff.

Dravid

International Captain
Are you serious? They are offering it? I never knew, Im going to buy it starting the next match.

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
Definitely should!
How many overs left and how many runs needed? Neither Cricinfo or Cricbuzz are working and Bet365 is moving slow and doesnt even tell the number of overs left.

adharcric

International Coach
48 required from 36 balls. Pathan just got run out. Jadeja & Agarkar at the crease with Bhajji & Munaf to come. VRV bowling brilliantly & Karthik proving to be a world-class keeper.

Check this space for updates.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
It's been live on Sky Sports here, though they've just left for the NFL coverage, will take something special for the blues to win it from here.