• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Idea for new poll

masterblaster

International Captain
If you need a new poll, well there could be the following question

"Should Kenya be given Test Status?"

What does everyone else think about it?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
im sure they can put them in soon now , cause that way they could either change the plan or do something so that it helps Kenyan Cricket get better

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
What is the point?

If Bangladesh and Kenya have it, it will only lower the standard of cricket.

Who would go and see Australia 6/768 beat Kenya 145 and 78?

Honestly.

There should be a second Division with teams like Bang, Kenya, Scotland, USA. Instead of lowering the high skill level of the top arena.

THIS IS MY IDEA SO THERE!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
oh oh ... wait a minute , i never thought of it that way , and the top 2 from div 2 could be given a chance to come into div 1 and then 2 other new countries could go into div 2 .

That sounds nice and bad at the same time . I would like to see Kenya and Bangladesh Beat Australia score Ken/ban 290/1 Aus 100 A.O :D:D:D

No offence there

Rich2001

International Captain
There should be a second Division with teams like Bang, Kenya, Scotland, USA. Instead of lowering the high skill level of the top arena.

THIS IS MY IDEA SO THERE!
I like that idea, but how are teams ever going to improve if they keep playing weaker players, a team might star but as soon as some quality players play them they would be usless.

oh oh ... wait a minute , i never thought of it that way , and the top 2 from div 2 could be given a chance to come into div 1 and then 2 other new countries could go into div 2 .
Em...so that would mean in ten years time Div 1 would have 30 teams..yes?

But however if you ment that 2 up 2 down system, then i don't think that would work either as it would be the same teams going up and down each year IMO.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Wouldn't Work. Even Zimbabwe and Bangladesh would slaughter the better Affiliate Nations.

Remember how poor Sri Lanka were when they got Test Status. Bangladesh (and Kenya) will keep improving.

Kimbo

International Debutant
yup. teams have to be given the chance to play against the better nations. i know it is boring at first to watch but it will be exciting to watch them improve all the time, although i have to say bangladesh isnt doing a lot of that.
but seriously, a tour from a new test nation every few years doesn't do anybody harm.

what about if they played A sides instead. They would probably still get slaughtered, but until they could consistently do well against A sides they should be prevented from playing the no. 1 sides.
just an idea i thought of at the last minute

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what about if they played A sides instead. They would probably still get slaughtered, but until they could consistently do well against A sides they should be prevented from playing the no. 1 sides.
just an idea i thought of at the last minute
Nah, they should be given every opportunity to play against the top sides. You learn more from a heavy defeat than a resounding victory. Sure it's a hard road but Sri Lanka have a World Cup to their credit now.