• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC teaches FIFA. No Penalties! If game is tied after ET team with most corners wins

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah but that's why you guys are such good sports and that's better than winning amirite
no

and i am a notoriously bad person to watch big games with. im more wagner than kane. when im posting you don't hear me yell 'catch that!' every second ball or my sprays at ***** umpiring decisions

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The New Zealand coach Gary Stead said that sharing the trophy is something that should be considered (in the future that is, not this one retrospectively).

Flem274*

123/5
nah im more wagner than rahim. just don't let me near drs if im actually playing. as a spectator im a reasonable judge.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Me and wife were just discussing if it was India or Roy in the 6-run controversy, Kohli or Roy would have blown up and half the Indian team would have surrounded the umpires just to argue with them, which would result in the umpires going upstairs for no reasons, and someone would have found out the extra run should have been taken off and they had the wrong player on each ends...(Kohli was arguing about an umpire drs call during this tournament)

....but the kiwi attitude is always "hey let's forget about what happened and focus on the next ball so we don't get distracted and not perform to our abilities in the next few balls," maybe the boys just followed Kane's calm way....

I would have preferred them to debate with the umpires to go upstairs, make Stoke cool down, plan the next few balls, and re-focus once play resume....but still pretty gutted like flem said, most if not all major 50/50 calls went to the host, the most we got was maybe that wide in the super over.

Edit: and for the Wagner comment, lol, I am sure he was the one who batted with CDG and Sodhi to fight off the ENG bowlers in the 2nd test last year, he got out with 5 minutes of play left so he reviewed it to eat up time, and we won the series without facing another ball, or not many balls with a wicket left. That's the smart I was on about

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For all the **** we give Watson, I would have my hands up to review before the umpire has even given it out on most lbw calls.

mr_mister

Yeah lol you see 1 in 20 club batsmen accept lbw decisions against them with grace and understanding

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If DRS was in club cricket you'd have to come up with some 'serious' punishment for losing a review like a $100 fine, otherwise it would literally be gone with the first decision made by the umpire in the innings, every single time

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
You speak for yourself TJB, as you usually do. You do not speak for everyone else.

Either people knew and didn't realise it would lead to this, or people did not know and didn't care enough to find out. Either way, if the whole cricket community can overlook this, then I can forgive the administrators for overlooking it too. They're no better than anyone else. They're just people as well.

Don't confuse this for me saying that this was the right method to decide this or anything. All I'm doing is offering some sympathy to the admins. Countering some of the hate they're getting here. These things happen. Just got to hope they learn from this and make changes moving ahead.
When something has not happened before, it will be crazy for anyone in the cricket community to get nitpicky and strongly question it and ask to change it. But it is not intelligent on the administrators' part to foresee that. It is their job and they failed in it.

When you organize an event, you prepare for any emergency like accident, fire etc. But people coming to the party cannot be fighting with you and questioning you if you have prepared fire emergency etc. It is your job and they assume you will do it.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
When something has not happened before, it will be crazy for anyone in the cricket community to get nitpicky and strongly question it and ask to change it. But it is not intelligent on the administrators' part to foresee that. It is their job and they failed in it.

When you organize an event, you prepare for any emergency like accident, fire etc. But people coming to the party cannot be fighting with you and questioning you if you have prepared fire emergency etc. It is your job and they assume you will do it.
Oops, Just followed the posts beneath above post and TJB has already made the point I made.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea that's not a great analogy there.

Plus the screw up wasn't that they failed to prepare, it's that what they prepared was unsatisfactory. Because they seemingly never thought it through.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea that's not a great analogy there.

Plus the screw up wasn't that they failed to prepare, it's that what they prepared was unsatisfactory. Because they seemingly never thought it through.
I don't know why you think it is not a great analogy but to me, it is a perfectly similar scenario. Like you yourself have said, the back-up plan has to be thought through which was not done and which is why many are not satisfied.

TheJediBrah

It was a perfect analogy cricaddict. You can't expect every person who could be potentially be affected by a protocol or law to fully review and understand every law or policy that might potentially affect them. That's insane, not to mention physically impossible.

cnerd123

likes this
I don't know why you think it is not a great analogy but to me, it is a perfectly similar scenario. Like you yourself have said, the back-up plan has to be thought through which was not done and which is why many are not satisfied.
mainly because fire safety is written into the laws of most countries and failure to have that at an event means people could potentially die, whereas here we're talking about the tiebreaker of a cricket game

not the same thing.

OverratedSanity

mainly because fire safety is written into the laws of most countries and failure to have that at an event means people could potentially die, whereas here we're talking about the tiebreaker of a cricket game

not the same thing.
An analogy doesn't need to be the same thing you stupid ****.

stephen

It would be like if the fire safety protocol was to spray asbestos all over everyone.

TheJediBrah

not the same thing.
It's a really bad analogy though
hahaha yesss now this is a good analogy

I really don't think you know what analogy means