• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Sim League VIII

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
No Leewards or Windwards Island players?
Yeah, throw in a Combined Islands side for sure. Had it all in my head last night, then forgot about them when making that post.

Would be keen for both.

World series t20 has more cache, romance and the bonus of a draft

The world t20 also-rans might take more effort to find participants but if there was extra interest could be expanded with some of Windward/Leewards, UAE, PNG, Oman, Canada, HK too (they would prob be similar level to Namibia?). It could be set up so ppl could even have a team in each group prior to the knockout stage. Maybe Bangladesh 2010s or Zim 90s would be stronger than the rest so could have some extra constraints but you know the sim so would be better placed to make that assessment.
Yeah. The World Series T20 does indeed have all those bonuses and would probably draw more interest as everyone has the chance to field a team of their own choosing.

Windwards/Leewards should definitely get in to the also-rans comp. I'd love to include some of the other sides but unfortunately I don't have much available data on them. Realistically I might be able to accommodate UAE or Canada, but they would be pretty poor lineups tbh. I feel Namibia would be stronger than both. I originally thought of limiting it to debutants from WC '96 to dial back Zimbabwe's advantage, but it may very well mean that Bangladesh are too strong. Not sure how I'd handicap them tbh, but you're right, on raw numbers alone they'd be in the most favourable position.

Teuton

International Captain
Oh yeah the debut after 96 would even Zim out and you'd prob just put an end date on Bang eligibility (ie when they got competent)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh yeah the debut after 96 would even Zim out and you'd prob just put an end date on Bang eligibility (ie when they got competent)
Could be the way to go in regards to the Bangers. Then again, the unpredictable nature of T20 in the sim may very well iron out those inequalities itself. As we've seen in the past, sometimes the statistically weaker sides can topple the big guns. The results of the most recent sim league saw two sides (Eng & Ind) reach the final despite having a disadvantage numbers-wise.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Alternative, in regards to Bangladesh, we could always enforce a rule that eligible players must have played less than 200 ODIs. This would remove Shakib, Tamim, Mashrafe & Mushfiqur.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
BOth ideas are cool, Jimmy. Make it a draft comp and then run the sim though. Might be more fun? Like the first one more than the second one, if pushed.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
BOth ideas are cool, Jimmy. Make it a draft comp and then run the sim though. Might be more fun? Like the first one more than the second one, if pushed.
Yeah that's the beauty part of the first idea, it combines drafting with sim action. The WSC T20 idea will probably offer more of a balanced tournament too.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it seems to be the idea which is getting the most traction.

The more I think about it, the more I'm compelled to start it up tbh. Such are my sim-urges. The only thing is, as I was saying, I'll be travelling overseas from mid-April until mid-May. Hopefully we'll be able to fit an entire tournament in before then, otherwise would you guys be okay if the potential new sim league took a short hiatus if it's still ongoing by the time my departure date rolls around?

Alternatively we could always drum up a tournament format which would ensure a quicker overall comp (group/KO format, for example).

Will keep the idea floating around in here just for now, & if I get a few more expressions of interest I will kick off a new tournament.

Teuton

International Captain
i dont mind a break if it comes to it - but would be a fair chance of completing beforehand

weetabixharry

Cricket Spectator
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party. Could anyone clarify how the platform/database are configured?

International Cricket Captain 2013. However, player ratings & attributes will be taken from the superior Cricket Captain 2018 database.
Does that mean the Cricket Captain 2018 database has somehow been back-ported to Cricket Captain 2013? If so, how?

Last edited:

weetabixharry

Cricket Spectator
Nice. Which player ratings? Just "batting ability" and "bowling ability"? I've been working on reverse-engineering other attributes (like batting aggression, bowling economy and fielding/catching/keeping ability) for some time. So I'd be interested if someone else has already done that.

I've written an editor for Cricket Captain 2018 and am working on a "Scout" (which allows you to list the attributes of every player in the game). It still needs a lot of work, but I think it could eventually be useful, so you wouldn't have to do so much manually:

View attachment 25188

Heaps of stuff isn't displaying correctly in that screenshot. I've fixed most of that stuff in the Editor, but need to rebuild the Scout with the fixes, which I expect to do this week.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a really great editor by the way weetbixharry, probably the most comprehensive CC editor I've come across. I see at the moment it only works in easy mode. If you are able to get it working in custom ATG series mode I could use it to sim the next version of the sim league on CC18.

weetabixharry

Cricket Spectator
It works in ATG series mode for me, but I think there can be configuration differences between different people's systems.

Is it popping up an error saying it will only work in Easy Mode? If so, please download and run this app and copy-paste the results back here. That information should be enough for me to fix it.

Also, only the latest version of Cricket Captain 2018 (v2018.09) is supported, so you may need to check your game is fully updated.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, comes up with an error message saying just that. I have v18.09 of the game. Here are the results.

Please record this debug info:

0x6B 0xD0 0xB5 0x46
0xEA 0xE7 0xC1 0x0B
0xCA 0x20 0x46 0x18
0xF5 0xE9 0xAE 0xD2
0xA7 0xA1 0xA7 0xB1
0x09 0x18 0x29 0x51
0xD9 0x47 0x1E 0xF3
0xEF 0x8C 0x7F 0x08
0xAD 0xF5 0xF5 0x70
0xC1 0xF7 0x57 0x61
0xBE 0x28 0x95 0xC3
0x64 0xF8 0x39 0xCB
0xA7 0xF5 0xC0 0x2F
0x2B 0x7C 0x41 0x7D
0xB4 0xCC 0x81 0x72
0x08 0x24 0xB2 0xA5

weetabixharry

Cricket Spectator
Thanks very much. It looks like some memory addresses are completely different, so I need to look into this. I couldn't find a quick fix, but I'll post back here when I figure something out.

weetabixharry

Cricket Spectator
Sorry for the delay. I think I have finally found a fix.

Please re-download and re-run the updated CricketCaptain2018EditorHelper.exe and copy-paste the new results back here. This updated version analyzes a lot more multi-level pointers and I feel pretty confident that "PATH 4" is going to work for everyone.

Thanks again for your help. If this fix works, then we should have a working editor today.