• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Men's Test Cricketer of the year

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's Root. And if you're going to use the captaincy as a negative, you should use the the fact he's carried that whole ****ing shambles with weight of runs - the greatest discrepancy between one man's output and the next best run-scorer in Test history in a calendar year.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I'd go with Root even though my heart says Ashwin. But I like all 4 nominees, Karunaratne has been completely overlooked, even if you remove his runs against Bangladesh, he has played some bloody good innings(especially that ton against SA and match winning contributions against WI).

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I think Ashwin shouldn't even have made the shortlist alone win the award (basic eligibility should dictate that you at least have to be picked when available for every game). It should be Root with daylight a very distant second.
Even I believe it has to be Root but you can't have that as a criteria. It's not Ashwin's fault if the captain has different plans. Also, the gap between Root and Ashwin is not too much, Ashwin also has a century on a rank turner and a match-saving innings in Sydney along with the wickets he has picked.

Spark

Global Moderator
Even I believe it has to be Root but you can't have that as a criteria. It's not Ashwin's fault if the captain has different plans. Also, the gap between Root and Ashwin is not too much, Ashwin also has a century on a rank turner and a match-saving innings in Sydney along with the wickets he has picked.
To be clear this is my own personal criteria, not something that I should be implemented as a strict rule.

Flem274*

123/5
jamieson sent the world #2s packing on the biggest stage and karunaratne has made a career out of the worst job in cricket, but i guess the man with serious questions to answer has kept england from becoming 2002 bangladesh with a bowling attack.