• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

[ICC 2005] multiplay offline

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
AMAZING win Stedsy well done :)
could you tell me which ODI series and test i'll be playing mate?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
i feel let down sean, and so does dave, this is the sort of consistency you came to expect of England under Illingworth
If he wants to play ODI's, he needs to sort his OD bowling. 4 ODI wickets @ 91.75 isn't a particularly great record. No point playing him when he's got no sort of OD form. He still da man in tests

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Magic Mohammed's One Day Revenge

West Indies' wins in the first two ODI's had secured the series and made this last
ODI a dead game, yet personally for Devon Smith, Dave Mohammed and Kerry Jeremy, brought in for Runarko Morton, Ryan Cunningham and Tino Best, everything was at stake. Their whole ODI futures could rest on this match. None had set the world alight and Mohammed's 91.75 bowling average in particular, put him in danger of being cast into the wilderness as far as the one day team is concerned. His spell in this game was the perfect riposte. His return of 9.4-0-40-6 proved that he can take that test match magic and convert it into the shorter form of the game.

West Indies lost the toss yet again and were put into bat. Despite Gayle's blistering half century to startthe innings, it seemed Ganga, Lara and Sarwan had batted too slowly for the West Indies to put a really big total on the board to defend, and when Chanderpaul joined Lara at the middle with just over 14 overs left, the Windies run rate was under 4. However, the fireworks began not long after Chanderpaul reached the crease as the pair butchered the New Zealand bowlers and put on 124 in just 86 balls to give the West Indies a score of 263 to defend. Oram in particular was treated with disdain, 44 runs coming of his 5 overs at the end. Lara only just failed to reach a century, whilst Chanderpauls strike rate for his unbeaten 65 was an amazing 141.

New Zealands reply didn't get off to the best of starts, Jeremy getting both openers to reduce them to 32/2, but that was nothing compared to the path of destruction Mohammed's chinamen caused. Between Mohammed's first wicket, Richardson, and last, Schwass, New Zealand managed just 24 runs as they limped to a paltry 150.

There is no doubt over West Indies dominance in New Zealand, now a huge test comes as India journey to the Caribbean.

Attachments

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
If he wants to play ODI's, he needs to sort his OD bowling. 4 ODI wickets @ 91.75 isn't a particularly great record. No point playing him when he's got no sort of OD form. He still da man in tests
8-) oh yeah of little faith

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I admit it. I was wrong. How I could ever doubt Dave, I'll never know, but I did and he proved me wrong

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Bump.

I need to be skipped Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.

Will be on the forum, but won't be at home.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
1st Test vs. India: Humiliation

Don't really want to say much about this. Not picking a 5th bowler was a mistake. Lara dropped Gambhir early on. Mohammed then struck to change it from 113/0 to 114/2. Baugh dropped Dravid on 51...who went on to make 103. Tino Best broke down. Then came our turn to bat, and the less said about that the better.

Attachments

steds

Hall of Fame Member
2nd Test vs. India

Going into Antigua, the West Indians knew they needed to put in a far better performance this time around. Two changes were made to the line up, with allrounder Ryan Hinds coming in for the non event known as Darren Ganga in an attempt to strengthen both batting and bowling and Kerry Jeremy making his test debut in place of the injured Tino Best.

India won the toss and inserted West Indies with lots of big, dark rainclouds around hopefully for the Indians providing some swing for Gagandeep Singh, Salvi and Balaji. However, the move didn't pay off for the currymunchers as, with West Indies at 44/1 the rain came hurtling down and the Windies came back in far more favourable conditions the next day. Chris Gayle, with help from useful contributions from Lara, Sarwan, Chanderpaul and Hinds, proceeded to put the Indian bowlers to the sword, batting beautifully until he fell just one short of his double century. However, the real killer for the Indians came when the ever-reliable Mohammed and debutant Jeremy put on 75 for the 9th wicket. The West Indian innings closed closed at 499, with Jeremy left stranded withing touching distance of 50 in his first test innings.

The Indian reply started with a stutter, Bravo removing both openers to leave the tourists reeling at 28/2. However, with the quality middle order India have, a big score is never a surprise, and Dravid and Tendulkar put on 182 before a piece of Mohammed magic prevented them from scoring continuing their partnership.Tendulkar then ran himself out and the Windies looked on top until Laxman squoze 108 runs out of the last two wickets, shepharding the tail quite brilliantly.

With less than a day to set a total and then take 10 Indian wickets, Devon Smith started too slowly, but Chanderpaul and Gayle then blew the bowlers away to leave India with no chance in the final session. Unforetunately, the declaration didn't come early enough and fizzled out into a draw. Big improvement, though.

Attachments