• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How will the Pakistan team react?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You've made a connection that wasn't there. The "business" analogy that I referred to to th was completely separate from what I said to you previously about such a thing. It was a metaphor (regarding relative closeness of players) - I was speaking more literally to you.

I'm also not actually 100% sure how much work Bob did with Ireland, but it's a side issue.

His blood family are not the only ones involved, either - the Pakistan cricket team was also, in it's own way, his family. It is their wishes that I'm principally concerned with. If they want to call the game off in his honour, I don't have the slightest problem with that. Equally, if they want to play in his honour, that's quite fair enough.

Swervy

International Captain
You've made a connection that wasn't there. The "business" analogy that I referred to to th was completely separate from what I said to you previously about such a thing. It was a metaphor (regarding relative closeness of players) - I was speaking more literally to you.

I'm also not actually 100% sure how much work Bob did with Ireland, but it's a side issue.

His blood family are not the only ones involved, either - the Pakistan cricket team was also, in it's own way, his family. It is their wishes that I'm principally concerned with. If they want to call the game off in his honour, I don't have the slightest problem with that. Equally, if they want to play in his honour, that's quite fair enough.
Sorry but I dont agree. I think it would have been a disgrace if Pakistan had have called the game off, given the wider implications to the tournament if they had have done. I am so glad they are playing the game, they have made completely the right decision.

People have paid a lot of bucks and time with this WC. People deserve the full tournament, and thats the customers, the TV companies, the organisers and the players.

I just hope they can raise their game and go out of the tournament with some honour.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Let me just say that anyone who's paid big bucks to watch Zimbabwe vs ANYONE would do well to seek lessons in investment! :laugh:

Swervy

International Captain
Let me just say that anyone who's paid big bucks to watch Zimbabwe vs ANYONE would do well to seek lessons in investment! :laugh:
or what about the guy who is working at the ground who needs the game to be on so he can pay his bills!!!! Not quite so funny is it

Pakistan had an obligation to play the game as far as I am concerned, because of the wide implcations of not doing so!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tell me - how many scoreboard-operators, stewards, etc. will have their paycheques cut if the game's cancelled the way they wouldn't if it was rained-off (an inevitable and not-at-all-uncommon part of cricket)?

Swervy

International Captain
Tell me - how many scoreboard-operators, stewards, etc. will have their paycheques cut if the game's cancelled the way they wouldn't if it was rained-off (an inevitable and not-at-all-uncommon part of cricket)?
haven't a clue...but thats different to a bunch of 11 professional cricketers saying they dont want to play the game, and you know it

Swervy

International Captain
Eh? You say you haven't a clue, then you say it's different? :huh:

I dont know how many scoreboard-operators, stewards, etc. will have their paycheques cut if the game's cancelled the way they wouldn't if it was rained-off

Sorry I thought you were implying it would be the same if it rained and those ground workers didnt get paid..my error

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Heavens, no, I was implying that they would, just as they would if it was cancelled for any other reason.

It's not fair to blame them for something out of their control, and if such a thing were to be included in their contracts it'd be swiftly pounced upon by some gleeful legal team.