• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How does Ravindra Jadeja compare with Kapil Dev and Ian Botham ( Tests)

Jadeja vs Kapil vs Botham- the better A/R

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

subshakerz

International Coach
Imran has three centuries and ten 50s outside of Pakistan in 50 tests

Jadeja has one century and nine 50s outside of India in 27 tests

Even if sample size is smaller, the rate of performance is much higher
Yeah but again, aside from WI and Eng, no meaningful sample sizes, just odd games here or there. Needs to play more for us to judge.

ma1978

International 12th Man
Yeah but again, aside from WI and Eng, no meaningful sample sizes, just odd games here or there. Needs to play more for us to judge.
tou already judged

the point is though, in that “small sample size” he’s pretty much accomplished what Imran has accomplished in a larger sample size

subshakerz

International Coach
actually he kind of has
2 tests in SA, 3 tests in NZ, 4 tests in Aus, not a single occasion he played a complete series in any of those countries, basically just picked and dropped when it suited the team.

The only time he did play complete series was against Eng, and in that case he wasn't nearly as effective with bat or ball.

And you are asking to compare that sketchy record with someone who played 8 tests in WI, 12 in England, 13 in Australia and 10 in India over a long stretch of a career.

I can't take that analysis seriously sorry.

ma1978

International 12th Man
2 tests in SA, 3 tests in NZ, 4 tests in Aus, not a single occasion he played a complete series in any of those countries, basically just picked and dropped when it suited the team.

The only time he did play complete series was against Eng, and in that case he wasn't nearly as effective with bat or ball.

And you are asking to compare that sketchy record with someone who played 8 tests in WI, 12 in England, 13 in Australia and 10 in India over a long stretch of a career.

but he’s pretty much accomplished the same in terms of meaningful scores in far fewer tests. How do you reconcile that.

imtan played a ton of tests and barely had any impact with the bat.

subshakerz

International Coach
but he’s pretty much accomplished the same in terms of meaningful scores in far fewer tests. How do you reconcile that.

imtan played a ton of tests and barely had any impact with the bat.
Except that is not true. IK has more tons, has a MOS based on batting, match saving knocks, scored up the order, etc all over a wider sample and full-length series. Jadeja is a major downhill skier with the bat once you analyse his away record.

At least acknowledge I have a point on Jadeja's small sample size even if you disagree.

Majestic

U19 Debutant
Except that is not true. IK has more tons, has a MOS based on batting, match saving knocks, scored up the order, etc all over a wider sample and full-length series. Jadeja is a major downhill skier with the bat once you analyse his away record.

At least acknowledge I have a point on Jadeja's small sample size even if you disagree.
Ik scored those tons when he stopped bowling or became part timer with bowl, those last 15 games where he basically became a batsman who can bowl a bit. That's not a same thing when you look at those stats(averages) on entire career.

subshakerz

International Coach
Ik scored those tons when he stopped bowling or became part timer with bowl, those last 15 games where he basically became a batsman who can bowl a bit. That's not a same thing when you look at those stats(averages) on entire career.
we are evaluating them as batsmen specifically.

_00_deathscar

International Regular

Tell me you don’t actually watch cricket without telling me you don’t watch any cricket.

subshakerz

International Coach
Imran had super easy home conditions tho.
Yeah but he was averaging over 50 in Aus, Ind, Eng and NZ in his batting peak from 1980 to career end.

I can concede that 37 is a bit inflated average overall but posters here go way overboard in downplaying his batting.

Please review his record below in this long stretch of his career and tell me how Jadeja is better exactly:

Last edited: