• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Craig

World Traveller
When I signed Silva for Arsenal, he wouldn't accept less than 80k. :(
I'm worried when it comes to offering him a new contract.

My squad is:

GK:
Miguel Moya
Cesar Sanchez (you know, the one that got axed in favour for Iker Casillas)

Defenders:

Bruno (had just the club when I started)
Miguel
Carlos Marchana
Alexis
Jorge Andrade
Angel Dealbert (had just the club when I started, and had nfi who he was)
Asier del Horno
Jeremy Mathieu

Midfielders:

Henrique
David Albelda
Manuel Fernandes
Ever Banega

Wingers and attacking midfielders:

Pablo Hernandez
Joaquin
Vincente
Angel di Maria
Rafael van der Vaart
David Silva

Strikers:

David Villa
Dani Guiza
Adriano
Romelu Lukaku

Bearing in mind Villa is recovering from a torn hamstring. I play 4-2-3-1, but that might change.

cpr

International Coach
Downloaded an addon that lets you manage down to Level 10 of the football league pyramid (only about 200kb the file). Started my career in the Northern League D1(N) (so level 8 of the pyramid) with the mighty Trafford FC. Some pretty decent youngsters dont mind plying their trade down there on loan, Kakuta and Mitrovic being targeted from Chelsea, Ryan Mason from Spurs........

cpr

International Coach
Grr, seems like they'd be happy to sign if i could afford them, not on loan though.

Add this file to your My docs>Sports Interactive>FM 10>editor data folder
create it if you don't have one.
Obv first part of that is determined how you have XP/Vista/7 set up
make sure its in the folder 'editor data'

In preferences, go to 'Display and sound' tab, untick Use Skin Cache, and tick always reload cache which is underneath.

Hopefully when you start a new game it'll say at the bottom of the select database screen 'modifications/user data files (something along those lines) and have at least one (depending if you've edited the db yourself, might say more). If it does then its in there :)

Attachments

cpr

International Coach
Anybody noticed the Fiorentina kids are HUGELY rated on the game?? Think FM's scout has let bias sway him a bit

DCC_legend

International Regular
Still playing good ol' FM07. Haven't got round to purchasing anything since and it just runs so perfectly on my mac.

Playing with Stafford Rangers in the 3rd season. Up to league 2 now, hoping to get a promotion this season. Mid table at the minute after 5 games. Tactics had to be changed a bit for the league and a few new players meant it took a bit of time for the team to gel, but a 3 match win streak after 2 horrendous defeats to mid - bottom table teams.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopefully when you start a new game it'll say at the bottom of the select database screen 'modifications/user data files (something along those lines) and have at least one (depending if you've edited the db yourself, might say more). If it does then its in there :)
Can someone who's able to liaise with the Layman explain how I can get this "Down to Level 10 of the English pyramid" thing working. Would quite enjoy managing Brentwood Town from whatever league they're in up to becoming Champions League winners.

Unlikely though that may seem.

cpr

International Coach
How far have you got Heath, the install instructions are in the post with the file so i'm presuming you've managed that :)

If you select start new game, the very next screen where it asks you to choose database should have right at the bottom of the box

Editor data files............. X no enabled.................. (X no available)

should have a tick box to the right that says change, tick it and continue and the next screen should ask you which files to use, the one you want starts England to level 10..... If not, back to step one as you've naffed up the install.

If it does, then when you get to the select league screen remember to change England from having Conference as lowest league to level 10 and Robert may be a relation

HeathDavisSpeed

I'm at work right now, so I'll give it a go when I'm home.

This will be epic if I can get it working though. I will have to clear my diary/take my laptop to the test match on the Weekend.

HeathDavisSpeed

Got it working last night. Thanks cpr. The mighty Brentwood Town are on the march towards mediocrity!

Coventry are after our goalie already. We may be able to earn $15k or maybe $16k from this deal. It'll keep us going for a year or five!

Craig

World Traveller
Any place that I can get that real name/player add-on (you know, Germany has real players etc.) outside of sortitoutsi since I'm too cheap to pay for membership.