• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden & Gilchrist to play for NZ!

shakermaker

Cricket Spectator
Greetings,

Thanks for your replies. It is precisely the "There are some foreign exchanges we will never make." campaign that I am referring to. Travelex ran these adverts during the 2003 World Cup, and they featured Gilchrist and Hayden in all-black gear, standing behind McGrath batting for Australia in the yellow (or gold). They also featured Gilchrist doing a Carribean accent, Brett Lee in an India jersey as well as Ponting and (I think) Gillespie in a Pakistan jersey. Those were very funny, it'd be great to see them again!

I have run an extensive search on google and even some of the peer-to-peer client software in the hopes that someone should have these adverts - but to no avail.

I do, however, know that somewhere online is a repository of advertisements, I think mostly along the lines of humourous. I can't seem to recall the name of that website, so if anyone on the forum has any idea which website I am talking about, I would appreciate very much if you could provide the link.

Thanks again,

Kamlesh

PS - I remember watching the hair loss adverts featuring Graham Gooch, very funny!

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
AndrewM said:
And btw Tim, the title of this thread is a master headline.

I salute you.
Depends on how you look at it. There's no way in the world you could get away with it in a newspaper.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, I don't really consider myself a journalist. I am studying to become a Radio DJ and I've just started some work at The Edge so hopefully i'll hone some journalist skills working around some of the other dj's. I am friends with Mike Puru, so I did get a bit of a shortcut. haha.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
Yes, I don't really consider myself a journalist. I am studying to become a Radio DJ and I've just started some work at The Edge so hopefully i'll hone some journalist skills working around some of the other dj's. I am friends with Mike Puru, so I did get a bit of a shortcut. haha.
You can't go wrong, knowing a man from Gore...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, he gets a bit of stick for that. Although he's done pretty well to get of his "rrrr's"

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
chalky said:
Did you ever see the Shane Warne Graham Gooch hair growth adverts?

Pure gold.

No I haven't...like I said I mostly get to see the Indian cricketers whenever I turn on the tv. I think the only time I got to see some international cricketers in advertisements was during the 2003 WC.But I wish I could watch that ad...I'm not surprised that Shane Warne is in a hair growth ad he does have a pretty serious receding hairline! :p