• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Jadeja turning into Vettori?
Vettori doesn't need a pitch like this to be effective. Might very well be a case of Dhoni playing Jadeja in the XI once again on a responsive pitch to boost his confidence. Persisting with him ahead of Ojha at this point in time is a big mistake. In the words of Graeme Smith, Jadeja has a lot of growing up to do.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
SA restricted to 130 if India lose from here then their batsmen really need a big kick up their backsides.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni just gave South Africa an extra few runs there. No need to bowl Zaheer, pace has got smashed for them and he can't bowl at the death anyhow.

Dissector

International Debutant
By my calculation if India get this total in under 17 overs, South Africa would finish behind West Indies and have to play SL which would be rather amusing. I am not 100% sure how NRR run-rate is calculated so can someone confirm this?

RhyZa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I can still see India losing here as an Indian fan. Lots of pressure not to be embarrassed losing from this position.

Dissector

International Debutant
According to a comment in Cricinfo, if India scores in less than 15.4 overs then South Africa will come in second. Probably not going to happen; India will just try to get the consolation win.