• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Why do all teams seem to bowl in that spot for McCullum? it's a really silly place to put it for him it's like "Lets bowl in places where he will hit 6s"

Dravid

International Captain
Retox said:
Why do all teams seem to bowl in that spot for McCullum? it's a really silly place to put it for him it's like "Lets bowl in places where he will hit 6s"
Bowlers get scared of him and mess up

Steulen

International Regular
Really rubbish bowling, as said above. In the last 10 overs, I counted two bouncers which were both called as wides, a lot of nothing balls that would have gone for 4 or 6 at any stage in the innings, and just one yorker which McCullum managed to steer to the boundary with a bit of luck.

The fielding was even worse, with the exception of Rao's overhead catch to dismiss McCullum. Two most ordinary efforts: Afridi thinking the batsmen had stopped running (cost 1 run) and the final ball of the innings that the outfielder (Gul?) managed to duck under so it became a 4 instead of a wicket.

I can't see Pakistan chase 275 under lights, not a single team has come close to such a total all tournament. Even without Styris bowling, the combination of Bond, Mills, Franklin, Astle/Oram and Vettori should be enough for some early wickets, control during the middle overs, and a hopeless RRR by the time the slog overs come along.

Dravid

International Captain
Honestly, if you werent a Pakistani supporter, this was the most humorous piece of bowling in this tournament so far. It's going to be hard to beat it also

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Great effort to get to 274. Fleming played brilliantly, but did his usual go-to-sleep-for-a-ball trick once he'd reached 80. Styris played well, though in all honesty I thought he was plumb lbw on about 10. Mind you, before Pakistan blame the umpires they should have a look at themselves botching up that run out a few runs later.

Still don't think Oram should be at #6. This kind of innings shows that he's better off coming in towards the end of the innings. If he makes the team then for mine he plays primarily as a bowler and bats at #8.

274 should be enough. Hopefully Bond fires early just to settle my nerves though. Have to say that I'm mystified as to why we dropped Patel. He's been our best bowler so far this tournament and you can pretty much take it as a rule of thumb that pitches in India are going to turn.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Retox said:
Yeah, I wondered that too. Ditto Styris to an extent as well.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Biggest score in a non- Zim or Bangla game....can Pakistan do it two games in a row? SL will be hoping so...btw, I agree about Patel. he looks a good partner/replacement for Vettori..NZ's best spin pair since Bracewell and Bocck? And why Franklin? I've seen him get hammered playing for Glamorgan..if I was Younis Khan I'd be telling Pakistan to target him...

Dravid

International Captain
Great first over by Kyle Mills. Pakistan need to get off to a good start if they have any chance of winning. They can't bat like New Zealand and wait for the last 25 overs to fire away, they will get under way too much pressure and lose too many wickets. Atleast 50 needed by Pakistan in the first 10 or pressure wil start to build.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bond is still not himself it seems. Hope he settles into his stride soon.

Dravid

International Captain
_Ed_ said:
Bond is still not himself it seems. Hope he settles into his stride soon.
Seems to be having trouble with his landing, or thats what he is pointing to.

Spooky smog going around the ground for some reason.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
Dropped by Fleming, edged by Farhat to slip but just reaches Flemings finger nails. Hard catch but should've been taken IMO. Pakistan off to a good start and Bond having a little bit of trouble with his length. 21-0

Dravid

International Captain
Gone, not good bowling, not a good shot. Farhat gave away his wicket playing a short ball straight into third mans hand. Bond picks up a wicket but having serious problems with his length. 22-1 after 4