• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good youth talent?

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
I've played with/Against a guy who played for Queensland Under 13s and they went to Sri Lanka to play

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If anyone makes you pay anything for a 2-month old appliance that's ****ed-up already... well, when you think people get compensation off their parents for "naming them wrong"...

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
12 year old Nitesh Kumar who plays in the Toronto and District League here in Canada. Scouts have been eyeing him for quite some time now and he's said to have the skills and ability of a 15 year old English player, and is now being sent to a cricket academy in India. Quite remarkable tbh.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well... I know fo' sho' if someone proposed to take me away from home at 12 just because I showed extraordinary aptitude for a sport played principally in Kazakhstan, for example, I'd not be terribly keen on the idea...

Mind, I'm still living at home at 21 and am currently considering the ways to stay so as we contemplate our 4th trip accross the country in my lifetime... 8-)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Well... I know fo' sho' if someone proposed to take me away from home at 13 just because I showed extraordinary aptitude for a sport played principally in Kazakhstan, for example, I'd not be terribly keen on the idea...

Mind, I'm still living at home at 21 and am currently considering the ways to stay so as we contemplate our 4th trip accross the country in my lifetime... 8-)
:huh:

Kazakhstan and India, big difference :p. Especially when you consider the fact that his background is Indian.

I, honestly, am this summer going to India to get coaching myself. Will be quite an experience.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
His background may be Indian - but I presume he counts Canada as home?

I know India and Kazakhstan are different - I could just as easily have said New Zealand, Burma, Egypt or Morocco for my example. I just meant somewhere not common to a 12-year-old who has known only his homeland all life.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
His background may be Indian - but I presume he counts Canada as home?

I know India and Kazakhstan are different - I could just as easily have said New Zealand, Burma, Egypt or Morocco for my example. I just meant somewhere not common to a 12-year-old who has known only his homeland all life.
Nah, tbh, a lot of us Indians living abroad are very familiar to the Indian culture. Our parents really teach us to be proud of living in developed and industralized nation, but at the same time to not forget our roots. And, also, we tend to make frequent visits to India where a large majority of our family is, which helps us to stay attached to our home nation. Therefore, atleast in my case, I consider both India and Canada my home. A lot of us are familiar with both cultures and have a large majority of our family there and, therefore, don't feel like an outsider when visiting India.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Corey Anderson (possibly the whitest sounding name ever) is another, coming through in New Zealand youth cricket. Promising left arm all rounder who can bowl close to 140k's. He made his debut in first class cricket for an injury depleted Canterbury side yesterday, which makes him one of the youngest New Zealanders ever to have done so, at only 16 years of age.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, tbh, a lot of us Indians living abroad are very familiar to the Indian culture. Our parents really teach us to be proud of living in developed and industralized nation, but at the same time to not forget our roots. And, also, we tend to make frequent visits to India where a large majority of our family is, which helps us to stay attached to our home nation. Therefore, atleast in my case, I consider both India and Canada my home. A lot of us are familiar with both cultures and have a large majority of our family there and, therefore, don't feel like an outsider when visiting India.
Haha, guess it's just one of those things that a Brit whose entire family is and always has been British-resident can't really comprehend. :)

I'm amazed that someone could be happy(ish) to leave home for a residential abroad at 12, still, though!

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, guess it's just one of those things that a Brit whose entire family is and always has been British-resident can't really comprehend. :)

I'm amazed that someone could be happy(ish) to leave home for a residential abroad at 12, still, though!
Yeah I know what you mean, especially when your parents aren't there with you.