• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For all the indian fans: We're not going out that easily!!!!!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL. I just saw this. I trust someone has pointed you in the direction of Kumble's dire ODI record for the past few years. I'm not willing to check back and see. But trust, Kumble has been rubbish in ODI cricket for a long time now.
And Harbhajan has been so much better has he?.Can't beliave Ramesh Powar was leftout of the squad TBH.Had a much superior average and economy in the past year compared to Kumble and Harbhajan.

Nishant

International 12th Man
And Harbhajan has been so much better has he?.Can't beliave Ramesh Powar was leftout of the squad TBH.Had a much superior average and economy in the past year compared to Kumble and Harbhajan.
thats true....powar was definitely better in the last year! I think his fitness was a concern. But, even then he wasnt that bad...i never saw him make too may mistakes in the field TBH! Anyway, i still think its the batting that lost us the game and not the bowling! We had seven batsmen and still did not do anything!

nate-d

Cricket Spectator
Never know, India could still make it. The indians (businesses) will lose a significant amount of money in terms of lost advertising and many people in india may not continue to watch the world cup, thus lost revenue in the domestic markets.
Perhaps the astute businessmen may pay off Bangladesh to throw the match way or the bookies wanting Bermuda to win rather than bangladesh, I know it's a conspiracy.

As for Greg, unless india fixed the game and then put on an oscar winning performance to express such devastation or they actual suck, i mean they trashed the same team at home, now on neutral ground, india find themselves absolutely spanked! Comeon, Ganguly, Tendulkar, Dhoni? did what? diddle squat.

I tell yah, none of these players will step foot in india, unless they want get to a smacking, like Dhoni home still be constructed, and to be presented with a garling full of old shoes! I presume, they each have nice holiday in the west indies, one will go to the U.S, the other to U.K, then, untill the shock blows over..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Do we post an a board where we have to check every joke we make before we post it for things that might offended OTT cricket supporters?

No, we do not, we post on a board where people can say what they want within reason, and voltman was perfectly within reason.

Anyone who get's worked up by a middle aged New Zealander spotting an oppurtunity for a joke over the internet should get a life.
:lol:

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah i don't think anyone could beleive Ramesh Powar was left out for the guy who hasn't played much ODI cricket for past 4 years. There were quite a few players in indian world cup team on reputation alone and well lets hope the selectors and BCCI learn something from this and changes things around.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Harbhajan has been better than Kumble. Yes, Powar should have been picked also, but that makes no impact on the Kumble-vs-Harbhajan issue.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
No but if Powar was selected than Kumble and Harbhajan would have not needed to play seeing as they are both pretty average spinners in ODI's anyway.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Harbhajan is likely to be far better than Powar. Normally he's a top-class one-day bowler, he's just been a bit off in the last few games.

It's ridiculous to suggest that Powar should have gone to the Cup as the number-one spinner.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Harbhajan is likely to be far better than Powar. Normally he's a top-class one-day bowler, he's just been a bit off in the last few games.

It's ridiculous to suggest that Powar should have gone to the Cup as the number-one spinner.
Indeed, but it's far from ridiculous to suggest he should have gone to the Cup as the #2 spinner.

What on earth was the point in playing him in preparation? Evidently, regardless of how he performed, he was always going to get dropped for Kumble - so why play him in front of Kumble to begin with?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed, but it's far from ridiculous to suggest he should have gone to the Cup as the #2 spinner.

What on earth was the point in playing him in preparation? Evidently, regardless of how he performed, he was always going to get dropped for Kumble - so why play him in front of Kumble to begin with?
Yep - don't dispute that for a second. Powar had done far more to merit selection than Kumble had. Picking Kumble ahead of him for the Cup was crazy and completely devoid of all cricketing logic.

But for PC to suggest that Powar > Harbhajan, as he was, is wrong IMO.

Evermind

International Debutant
A million and one things are funny. Doesn't mean to say them all is a good idea.

Hence, on a cricket forum, in the light of a team just being eliminated from a World Cup which happens once every 4 years, it's pretty inflammatory.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wacko: