• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fleming Rips into Richardson

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Iamhoax said:
the performace from Steven was magic true feeling and passion, An Oscar for sure.
Well, if "It's Hard For A Pimp Out Here" can win best original song, he could have at least gone the whole hog and crooned the little bit about Richardson being a boring bat and a crap commentator to make it two oscars.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
sirjeremy11 said:
Is it just me or was the idea of Martin Crowe giving up commentating supposed to make him look less stupid?
:laugh: :laugh:

You're on a roll.

James,

This is certainly attracting some new members, regardless. :D

agerk

Cricket Spectator
Making Martin Crowe look less stupid could be the fulltime occupation of 13 UN press staff and the job still wouldn't get done.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
agerk said:
Making Martin Crowe look less stupid could be the fulltime occupation of 13 UN press staff and the job still wouldn't get done.
They do have some spare time now that Milosevich has died...

voice_of_truth

Cricket Spectator
Pity that journalists are such a spineless bunch on the whole and would buy such a HORRIBLE excuse. isnt being a journalist about being the consciousness of society and being satisfied by nothing but the truth?? unfortunately money / political correctness are more important for our journalists. funny funny interview though - made me laugh!!

agerk

Cricket Spectator
It was a crack up all right. Chanderpaul should take a leaf out of Flem's book as I'm pretty sure he is the most boring (well, maybe second after riggor) man alive.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
voice_of_truth said:
Pity that journalists are such a spineless bunch on the whole and would buy such a HORRIBLE excuse. isnt being a journalist about being the consciousness of society and being satisfied by nothing but the truth?? unfortunately money / political correctness are more important for our journalists. funny funny interview though - made me laugh!!
Aren't generalisations wonderful?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
agerk said:
It was a crack up all right. Chanderpaul should take a leaf out of Flem's book as I'm pretty sure he is the most boring (well, maybe second after riggor) man alive.
Met Rigor, have you?

agerk

Cricket Spectator
No, he may be lovely over dinner, but the comm box is perhaps not the best place for him. Looks great in spandex but.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
If this is a hoax can I request Fleming giving Ian Smith and Garvin Larsen crap?

Fleming rules... I demand more Rexona and Fujitsu comfort ads.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Next week, during the toss for the third test in Napier, Fleming will be told that his task is to perform the toss as though the next big earthquake has hit the region. If he really is that good an actor, it could be interesting.

Basin Brat

Cricket Spectator
Id like to think it was real. It would be nice to see Flem finally lose his temper.

If it was a hoax, why did Fleming march off into the changingroom like he said he did? Why not stay with Richardson and have a laugh about it? It was, after all, all in fun. And we have all seen Flem act. Its actually painful to watch. Hes really impoved. So has Rigor.

But if it wasnt a hoax, why lie? why not make a comment about how it was an embarrasing situation, and leave it at that?And Flem doesnt lose his temper that easily.

Id like to think it was true. But its probably not.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
TBH, I have just watched it about 8 times. I think it may be a pee take. At first look, it's not bad, then you listen to what Fleming is saying, it does sound "improv".

What a dumb thing to do though!

dantheman

Cricket Spectator
Pity that journalists are such a spineless bunch on the whole and would buy such a HORRIBLE excuse. isnt being a journalist about being the consciousness of society and being satisfied by nothing but the truth??
Pity people like you NEVER believe anything these journalists who search for the truth say. Funny the 'horrible excuses" are usually the ones that are true.

Flemming said IN A PRESS CONFERENCE that Rigger gave Flemming the opportunity to have a go at him at the end of their interview. The piece was accidentally aired in the West Indies and ended up on the internet.

I don't want to say it but I TOLD YOU SO!!! Especially you Volty you were sucked in big time matey.

Flemming also said " I get on very well with Mark"

So was gullable taken out of the dictionary Volty?:laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh::laugh:

There's no way that was a hoax. Anyone who's seen that Advanced Hair Studios ad will know that cricketers can't act that well.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
James said:
Thanks for your post, that's very interesting.

If it is indeed a hoax, why Is Richardson having "no comment" to the media about it?
Why do I get the impression there's a bit of 'clean-up in aisle three' going on here?