• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Flash in the pan' ODI XI draft.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
randycricfreak - Jonathan Trott, Marcus Trescothick, Stuart MacGill, Justin Langer, Len Pascoe, Upul Chandana
Red Hill - Ian Chappell, Brad Hodge, Mike Whitney
SillyCowCorner1 - Dominic Cork, Michael Mason, Nixon McLean, Monde Zondeki, Neil Foster, Matthew Horne
Michaelf7777777 - Clive Rice, Simon Davis, Peter Kirsten, Luke Ronchi, Tony Gray, Adrian Kuiper
aussie tragic - Ryan Harris, Jason Gillespie, Ian Harvey, Rick McCosker, Steve Smith, David Hookes
jimmy101 - Greg Chappell, Brett Schultz, Phil Hughes, Mohammad Asif, Sylvester Clarke, Murray Goodwin
Teuton - Ian Bishop, Gautam Gambhir, Saeed Ajmal, VVS Laxman, Matt Prior, Irfan Pathan
morgieb - Colin Croft, Derek Underwood, Neil Johnson, Matthew Elliott, Stuart Law, Mike Hendrick
Samuel_Vimes - Graeme Swann, Boeta Dippenaar, Wayne Daniel, Graeme Fowler, Andy Caddick, Adam Dale
Fuller Pilch - Ajantha Mendis, Simon O'Donnell, Adam Voges, Craig Kieswetter, Jesse Ryder, Chris Pringle
mr_mister - Nathan Bracken, Nick Knight, Mark Greatbatch, Andy Bichel, Geoff Allott, David Hussey
quincywagstaff - Ottis Gibson, Robbie Kerr, Asif Mujtaba, Anthony Stuart, Ryan Campbell

Round 7

Teuton - Riley Rossouw
jimmy101 - Andy Blignaut
quincywagstaff
mr_mister
Red Hill
SillyCowCorner1
morgieb
aussie tragic
Michaelf7777777
Fuller Pilch
Samuel_Vimes
randycricfreak

Round 8

randycricfreak
Samuel_Vimes
Fuller Pilch
Michaelf7777777
aussie tragic
morgieb
SillyCowCorner1
Red Hill
mr_mister
quincywagstaff
jimmy101
Teuton

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Good point, I was kinda hoping to avoid grey areas such as this. I mean, Peter Siddle anyone? Six months ago it would have been fair to say he's done as far as ODIs go.

Considering Rossouw is now a Kolpak I'm fine with that pick. Ryder on the other hand isn't as cut & dry.

Would love to hear what others' thoughts are.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Yeah, Shane Watson a good example. Officially retired from Internationals but still hitting 100's on the T20 circuit

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
He no longer has a FC contract in New Zealand, I'd say he's as good as retired.
None of the 6 major associations in NZ will give him a contract (I guess they 'retired' him). He's playing club cricket in Napier though.

If he's not considered eligible let me know, and I'll pick again

aussie tragic

International Captain
I guess real 'flash in the pans' don't get to announce their retirement.

I'm happy with any player that is no longer playing top level cricket in their home country (as then they are not eligible for ODI selection)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
None of the 6 major associations in NZ will give him a contract (I guess they 'retired' him). He's playing club cricket in Napier though.

If he's not considered eligible let me know, and I'll pick again
I'm happy to let it stand, however, if anyone has a compelling argument against Jesse feel free to post.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Just a thought, if someone times out, no problem, however if they time out twice in a row can we just skip them until they come back?

This means Quincey and Red Hill should be timed out now instead of waiting 24 hours

aussie tragic

International Captain
You know what, I'm sorry to stink up this thread with my timeliness. I'm out so the following are all available again

Rick Mckosker
Steve Smith
David Hookes
Ian Harvey
Ryan Harris
Jason Gillespie