• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

flair in batting

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
ReallyCrazy said:
aussie batters and flair...pleaseeeee. They don't go in the same sentence together. Ponting's a big loser. I dont think I have seen any other player whos got more lives than Ponting has. His recent scores do not really potray what kind of player he is. And even his shots, they look ugly and lack elegance. Mark Waugh was probably the only guy who had some style.

People who say Sourav Ganguly doesn't have elegance (and ponting has) should get checked! Have you seen the shots Ganguly plays on the offside.

And hayden batting...what a sore sight :!(
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ooooooooooh...ha thanks for that. I rest happy tonight, got me something to laugh at.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
I agree with RC in that the Indian batsmen have a lot of flair. About the only thing I disagree with is what he said about Ponting - I think he has heaps of flair.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Tendulkar and Dravid define flair ...

Ponting/Lara/VVS Laxman/ Mark Waugh are a bit behind in my opinion.. Ganguly is only off-side so I'll leave him out

Sehwag may not hv flair, but is an incredible sight in full flow, a bit like Gilchrist.. shots stun you in their audacity...

Mr. P

delkap said:
Tendulkar and Dravid define flair ...

Ponting/Lara/VVS Laxman/ Mark Waugh are a bit behind in my opinion.. Ganguly is only off-side so I'll leave him out

Sehwag may not hv flair, but is an incredible sight in full flow, a bit like Gilchrist.. shots stun you in their audacity...
Lara and Mark Waugh behind Dravid!!

Never thought I would see the day.

I also disagree on Tendulkar. He is a perfect textbook player, however by doing this he disposed of the elegance and the element of risk that maka Lara/Waugh so brilliant to watch.

Mr. P

In fact add Laxman to that list with Lara/Waugh. As much as I hate him, (Hey i'm an Aussie) he is amazing to see.

biased indian

International Coach
Lara,sachin,desilva.M.waugh in that order on their days

for a good batsmen ponting does give a lot of chances.but of late he has been good but not good enough flair wise

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Mr. Ponting said:

I also disagree on Tendulkar. He is a perfect textbook player, however by doing this he disposed of the elegance and the element of risk that maka Lara/Waugh so brilliant to watch.
Dravid is a technical genius.. Ofcourse he doesn't score as quick as Lara or Waugh, thus one would prefer to watch them. But if you look at their attacking shots side by side.. Dravid will win hands on just for the perfection in execution.

Also Sachin does take risks when situation demands it. Obviously team needs change, and hence batsmen chang. If you saw Sachin in 98 against Aus, and again at Headingly 2002 you would never say he has disposed element of risk. He is no longer the dasher of the team, but has taken a role of a builder..

chicane

State Captain
Mr. Ponting said:

Lemme see now SRT is a perfect textbook player (which is actually Dravid) and he's been thrilling people all these years with his masterful and blazing strokeplay. Hahah Tendulkar has no elegance, flair or element of risk it seems... :D

Mr. P

delkap said:
Dravid is a technical genius.. Ofcourse he doesn't score as quick as Lara or Waugh, thus one would prefer to watch them. But if you look at their attacking shots side by side.. Dravid will win hands on just for the perfection in execution.

Also Sachin does take risks when situation demands it. Obviously team needs change, and hence batsmen chang. If you saw Sachin in 98 against Aus, and again at Headingly 2002 you would never say he has disposed element of risk. He is no longer the dasher of the team, but has taken a role of a builder..
I saw Sachins innings against Pakistan in the WC, and people said he played with risk in every ball, but delivered with skill. I beg to differ.

When Sachin attacks, it is with an element of control like no other. I would not describe this as flair. Rather, perfection. There is no risk in the shots he plays.

His innings against Pakistan is one of the best innings I have ever seen and I will remember it for years to come.

Last edited:

Mr. P

chicane said:
Lemme see now SRT is a perfect textbook player (which is actually Dravid) and he's been thrilling people all these years with his masterful and blazing strokeplay. Hahah Tendulkar has no elegance, flair or element of risk it seems... :D
See below your post.

cbuts

International Debutant
chicane said:
:whistling
We're merely proud of our outstanding batting line-up, which is MOF the best in the world. :kicking:
actually i think the aussies is the best batting line up in the world

chicane

State Captain
Mr. Ponting said:
I saw Sachins innings against Pakistan in the WC, and people said he played with risk in every ball, but delivered with perfection. I beg to differ.

When Sachin attacks, it is with an element of control like no other. I would not describe this as flair. Rather, perfection.

His innings against Pakistan is one of the best innings I have ever seen and I will remember it for years to come.
Why does that not make it flair. Flair and perfection are two different things. Flair is just in his game, no matter how perfect he is.

biased indian

International Coach
Mr. Ponting said:
I saw Sachins innings against Pakistan in the WC, and people said he played with risk in every ball, but delivered with perfection. I beg to differ.

When Sachin attacks, it is with an element of control like no other. I would not describe this as flair. Rather, perfection.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: