• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First 2 Rounds

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the season is now 2 games old and we couldn't have asked for a better start...

Game 1 saw us take on the Magpies, We lost the toss and were sent in to bat on a very very windy day, to make matters worse we only had 9 players for week 1 with 2 late withdrawls from the team on the friday night, however a good effort in very tough conditions saw us bowled out for 184, Opener Scott Bassam falling 9 short of a 1st up hundred for the season. with just under an hour to play before stumps we had a crack at the Magpies and managed to take 2 wickets for only 40 runs to have them under pressure heading into the 2nd day...
Day 2 saw us strike early with a wicket in the 2nd over setting the scene, wickets fell regularly and we eventually rolled the Magpies for only 131, Christian Page missing out on a 5 fa, whilst Unlicky me bowled with no luck taking 0/37...
So a good lead and with the openers attacking early we went for a bonus point(100 runs), and we did it well with only 4 down, Next was to go for another Bonus point as we declared and sent them in needing 170 in just over an hour, but we needed the 3 wickets for a Bonus point. Things should have been off to a perfect start but again i was without luck as i dropped a difficult return catch as i hit the ground, and then 2 overs later had a catch dropped at slip, and another dropped by the keeper. The temper was starting to get high as my frustrations showed at 1 particular batsman who was extremely lucky, and when he was again dropped off a difficult outfield chance i had had enough. Next over saw this batsman try and play the shot made a trademark by Aussie keeper Ryan Campbell by flicking the ball over his and the keepers head, He missed but tried it again off the next over of mine but didn't pick the slower ball as it crashed through middle stump, so with 20 minutes to go we had 2 wickets still to get, and we did, we picked up the last 1 with 5 minutes to go, therefore picking up a 2nd bonus point...

After the game it was a bit heated as the hero batsman was a bit annoyed at the send-off i gave him, but funnily enough he didn't want to get close enough to have a real say...

Anyway Round 1 saw us pickup 9 points and have the outright competition lead..

Cath. Field 9
Cobb/Narellan 8
Oaks/ Burr'ng 7
Tahmoor 7
Magpies 2
Macarthur 1
Camden 1
Collegians 1

Round 2 saw us take on Macarthur, I was unavailable due to work commitments but the boys done a fantastic job, after winning the toss and electing to field they rolled macarthur for 123, with Dean Goff and Richie Esho taking 3 each(i think), Richie picking up the last 2 wickets in 2 balls to finish on a hat-trick. In reply The boys again started well and at stumps on day 1 already had 1st innings points, 4/134...

Day 2 was going to be a treat.. The boys started well with the 5th wicket partnership between Dean Goff and Simon Wine passing 50 (Simon scoring 5)... We were eventually bowled out for 238, Dean top scoring with 68... The innings actually had the 1st part of the amazing day, a bowler from Macarthur took a hat-trick...

With still 2 hours to play a result was still possible, but bonus points were again the key...
However Macarthur self destructed with wickets tumbling they were bowled out for only 78, the amazing part was that Richie Esho took a wicket off his 1st ball to give himself a very well deserved hat-trick, but not to be stopped he also took the last 2 wickets in successive balls to finish on a hat-trick, Dean also missing a hat-trick with the 3rd ball edged just short of the 3rd slip...

So a HUGE outright win and we will remain on top of the table after round 2...

Im looking forward to be back this week but work could still put paid to that, This week we play Collies who last week got bowled out for a megre 37, so we will be looking forward to consolidating...

More soon

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:

Im looking forward to be back this week but work could still put paid to that, This week we play Collies who last week got bowled out for a megre 37, so we will be looking forward to consolidating...

More soon
who wouldn't :lol: :lol: :lol:

you should get some wickets this time too :)

Rich2001

International Captain
Re: Re: First 2 Rounds

age_master said:
who wouldn't :lol: :lol: :lol:

you should get some wickets this time too :)
Don't you love it when things go to plan :(

"5th Grade were all out for 112, in reply Collies 0/11"

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah was an absolute disaster...

Once again we failed to have a full side rock up to the game, 1 guy decided he needed to go to hospital to get his Haemarhoids(sp?) fixed and let us know the night before the game, and despite a frantic call around we were unable to field 11, so day 1 we managed to get only 9 players turn up, then things got worse as they pulled some superstar bowler out of nowhere as he ripped through us taking 7-30 odd... Then as we started to bowl the rain bucketed down..

Anyway this weekend we had a hard toil on a wicket that offered nothing, we had them 5 or 6 down when they passed us but from there im not sure what happened i went to work...

This week our 1st OD game and my 1st crack on our home ground..
We will need to bounce back after a below par performance im sure we can...