• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean we've easily crossed India/NZ if you see the number of threads this game has spawned

Far too many moaning about the result for my liking though.
Incompetent umpires and incompetent administrators. Absolute disgrace. Burn the lot of them.

cpr

International Coach
CPR thats easily one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

"More restrictive with the ball"?

They scored the same amount of runs.
I literally gave both sides of the argument in that paragraph, to show how it can be twisted to fit the narrative of either side. I wasn't advocating anything in the post, merely doing the numbers from *****'s request, based on some NZ fans suggesting that they hit more scoring shots which should count instead of boundary shots for a tie break. The numbers back that up.

It's only the worst post because you ignored 90% of it, and trimmed a quote so far down it could fit what you wanted to say.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It doesn't matter if it's an argument between dot balls or boundaries as a one or the other method. Advocating for choosing either is ridiculous. It's just not cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why would anyone choose either? It makes zero sense.The response to Slippy in this thread that makes sense is "No all methods of counting how runs are scored are ridiculous and should never be applied in any future tiebreaker situations."

cpr

International Coach
Again, if i had to....

I also called my choice the shiniest turd in the pack, showing I'm not exactly endorsing this for future use.

C'mon, let a guy theorise a little!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Advocating one of the other is the issue. It isn't the shiniest turd in the pack. It's EXACTLY the same and should never be used again. It's like saying, well if we had to choose between bowling speeds of the deliveries of the bowlers as a tiebreaker, it's better to award it to the team with the faster average speeds. It has no relevance to who the "Better" team is and should be spurned as being an invalid metric.

cpr

International Coach
I mean yeah, and I completely agree with the additional super over with different players idea, but we've done that debate elsewhere. Someone made a (very poor) thread, and I was just providing the maths man.....

All these post WC final threads are getting so confusing, I'm struggling to remember who i'm ****ing off where.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I wasn't taking issues with your numbers, just the analysis you applied to it.

edit: ^ this also isn't said to have a go

cpr

International Coach
The numbers were the job, the terrible analysis was free.

also

:wub: doesnt get used enough anymore. It's all Trumps fault.

trundler

@ athlai/bahnz - ferguson began maintaining his pace during 2018.
I saw him during the Pakistan series last winter and he impressed. I hadn't followed cricket since the last WC until March last year so I may have missed Ferguson's breakout. Still, going god mode in a WC is applaudable. I won't pretend I know much about potential kiwi prospects other than what I read on here from the NZ posters though.

TheJediBrah

did you... actually take that seriously
oh you have some catching up to do

edit: cliffs to make your job easier

Can all those seriously claiming a World title should be shared kindly explain just where it was your uncle touched you. Honestly buck up sunshines. Sure the 3rd distinguisher was a bit rubbish, and it was kinda unprecedented we went to that length, but it was known by all. Its like in football where the Premier League, if inseparable by points and goal difference, goes to goals scored. No ones thinking of it until game 37 if its even still in play, but its there all along
You know there's a difference between goals scored in soccer and boundaries in cricket right?
*cpr being mad*
I'll take my infractions to go

Last edited: