• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final Decision on 4 Day Points System

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok after much deliberation and heaps of suggestions we never seemed to get anywhere...
There were people who were for the Bonus Points system and those against, so Rich and Myself have decided on a system that is fair and even to all...

This system will NOT be changed as u must understand if we keep getting different opinions it makes the situation more confusing....

So the Final System is:-

Points System

10 Pnts for Outright Win
3 Pnts for a Draw/NR
0 Pnts for Outright Loss

Bonus Pnts(Only in 1st Inns)

Batting Score

1 Pnt 250-300
2 Pnts 301-350
3 Pnts 351-400
4 Pnts 401-450
5 Pnts 451+

Bowling (bowl a team out for)
1 Pnt 301-350
2 Pnts 251-300
3 Pnts 201-250
4 Pnts 151-200
5 Pnts Under 150

:D:D:D:D:D

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Gregory Blewett
Ok after much deliberation and heaps of suggestions we never seemed to get anywhere...
There were people who were for the Bonus Points system and those against, so Rich and Myself have decided on a system that is fair and even to all...

This system will NOT be changed as u must understand if we keep getting different opinions it makes the situation more confusing....

So the Final System is:-

Points System

10 Pnts for Outright Win
3 Pnts for a Draw/NR
0 Pnts for Outright Loss

Bonus Pnts(Only in 1st Inns)

Batting Score

1 Pnt 250-300
2 Pnts 301-350
3 Pnts 351-400
4 Pnts 401-450
5 Pnts 451+

Bowling (bowl a team out for)
1 Pnt 301-350
2 Pnts 251-300
3 Pnts 201-250
4 Pnts 151-200
5 Pnts Under 150

:D:D:D:D:D
This means that there are 20 points up for grabs for each team, they would need to hit 451+ and bowl the other team out for under 150 and win the game of course. :D

Graham

3rd Umpire
A fair system. Thanks GB for being prepared to see the flaws in the original plan and listening to suggestions. I'd be surprised if anybody complains about this one! :cool2:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
ok, i see now, well i didn;t piticularly care about 1st inns points anyway:) it the bonus points i wanted :)

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
im up for whatever you say there blewwy but i reckon there probably should be something for first innings(i know the time for arguing is over)
mainly cause i actually got first innings against you but lost and that will probably be the only points i get all season

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
In reality there are no points for winning on 1st inns BUT...

If u think about it, if u win on 1st inns but lose outright u will pick up points on 1st inns through the bonus points system....

Proven by u picking up more Bonus Points then me Umpy...