• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favorite Shots

Sehwag309

Banned
masterblaster said:
Oh those Tendulkar Animations rock, keep them coming Sehwag309, I want to see some more of those magical sixes from 1998/99/2000!
Wasn't he just awesome, I can't understand as to why he is not hitting those now. He made warne (the wisdens fifth ) have a nightmare

Eclipse

International Debutant
Sehwag309 said:
Wasn't he just awesome, I can't understand as to why he is not hitting those now. He made warne (the wisdens fifth ) have a nightmare
I would say two reasons.

1) his bad back
2) he just does not have that aggresive attitude any more and I dont think he practices the big shots much even in the nets these days.

I think it's made him slightly more consistant but I loved it when he was more aggressive.

Waughney

International Debutant
Eclipse said:
I would say two reasons.

1) his bad back
2) he just does not have that aggresive attitude any more and I dont think he practices the big shots much even in the nets these days.

I think it's made him slightly more consistant but I loved it when he was more aggressive.
Yes, ans the team also expects more responsibility from him these days, they can rely on someone like Sehwag to pay the big risky shots now.

Craig

World Traveller
Eclipse said:
1) his bad back
Wouldnt his bad back be to the weight of his bat?

If it is still the same weight that triggered his back injury, he should consider a lighter bat.

You can still hit the ball as hard and send it just as far.

Its all about timing, then strength.

tooextracool

International Coach
Waughney said:
Yes, ans the team also expects more responsibility from him these days, they can rely on someone like Sehwag to pay the big risky shots now.
not really, i think the india have other quality batsman who dont choke when given responsibility. sachin had all the responsibility on him around 98 and thats when he used to play these so called "risky" shots.

Sudeep

International Captain
Ah, let's not get into Sachin discussion again. This is a favorite shots thread.

How about Mike Gatting's sweeps?

Sehwag309

Banned
Eclipse said:
I would say two reasons.

1) his bad back

I'll take the 1st one

chicane

State Captain
Eclipse said:
He does not have a hook shot and his pull is not that good ether. Apart from that though he has the lot.
He pulls pretty well. He pulled a few for six in the VB series.

chicane

State Captain
Eclipse said:
Yeah they are awsome!!

I really wish he would play innings like that now days though but I am affraid we probably wont as many of those magic sixes from now on.
He's still just 31 but he probably will never be able to play like how he used to 6-7 years ago.

Eclipse

International Debutant
chicane said:
He pulls pretty well. He pulled a few for six in the VB series.
They were not really orthadox pulls though and he seemed to pre-meditate them to much.

On wickets with inconsistant bounce he would not get away playing shots like that.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I can only think of one reason why sachin doesn not play his aggressive game anymore and that is because of the advent of sehwag as his opening partner. He figures that if sehwag is going to be taking the risks and the aerial route, he should play a more of an anchor role and keep his wicket intact.

But i do wish i see the old sachin back :) I miss his awesome power, aggressive play.

Of those clips, i liked the shot he played off McGrath the most.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Some of my favourite shots -

Sachin's straight drive and short arm pull.
Viv Richards front foot hook/pull.
Kapil Dev's "Nataraj shot"(hook with a complete swivel of the hips and the front leg raised pretty high). Same shot used to be played by Clive Lloyd very nicely.
Saurav Ganguly's cover drive and "dance-down-the-wicket" six.

Sehwag309

Banned
Craig said:
Wouldnt his bad back be to the weight of his bat?

If it is still the same weight that triggered his back injury, he should consider a lighter bat.

You can still hit the ball as hard and send it just as far.

Its all about timing, then strength.

Dean Jones mentioned that his bat is actually not that heavy as people think.

It just looks heavy

Sehwag309

Banned
It sad they dont offer West Indian games in US, it always Ind, Pak matches.,rarely they offered Sa/Eng Matches.

I am still dying to see Lara's 400