• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ever invented a shot?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Not nearly good enough to invent a shot. Campso must been a gun to be playing crazy shots against 85+mph bowlers!

An unorthdox (:cool:) shot I play is a pull-shot from balls outside my off-stump through/over the mid-on and mid-off regions. Sort of like a tennis backhand (LHB by the way). Hit the non-striker once. :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Not nearly good enough to invent a shot. Campso must been a gun to be playing crazy shots against 85+mph bowlers!

An unorthdox (:cool:) shot I play is a pull-shot from balls outside my off-stump through/over the mid-on and mid-off regions. Sort of like a tennis backhand (LHB by the way). Hit the non-striker once. :D
I once hit the umpire in the shins with a back-foot thump down the ground. He gave me 4 for it. :laugh:

And in the nets last time I played a full season I tried practising tracking the medium-pacers and late-cutting them on the full, that didn't really work too well. :huh:

adharcric

International Coach
I once hit the umpire in the shins with a back-foot thump down the ground. He gave me 4 for it. :laugh:
Happened to me once when I bowled a straight one and had it punched straight down the ground into my shin. Virtually had two knees for a few days ...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never "invented" a shot as such but I do tend to pull the pacers through mid on. I also defend the spinners on one knee sometimes, I go down looking for the sweep and sometimes it's not there to hit so I have to adjust and defend on the one knee.

calmal

Cricket Spectator
hmmm i played the reverse 360 cut through mid off...but not really....im more into the orthodox or 'classic' way of playing a shot. for example...the delicate thick outside edge trying to smash over mid off but end up going to first slip in which he drops it and hits it onto the keepers mouth shot. it got me a run and was quite the funny. Today i cover drived into the testicular region of one player. It hurt him. I hurt from laughing. No kids for that focker.

DCC_legend

International Regular
i was playing cricket against the local rivals (Donaghadee vs Bangor, Northern Irish teams) and my friend was batting number 9. He was told by the captain to try and score as many as possible (basically slog). He got an above head full toss and he managed to get the bat in front of it, like a tennis shot. He got 2 runs and 4 overthrows, so technically a 6!! good times. He got out next ball!!

ripper868

International Coach
Black sambuca, malibu and jager.
In the same vein....

last night at the pub my mate says to the barchcik to make the worst shot she could think of....came back with what i think was tequila, vodka and tabasco sauce or something, whatever it was it burnt my throat and lips for the next half hour.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Yep,
-The pull which goes through cover
-The reverse ramp, which is playeed against all seamers, on a straight full-toss, the bat sort of sits on your lap so the blade is behind you, toe of the bat pointing directly backwards, so the ball bounces off the face of the bat and over the keeper's head for 4.
-The reverse leg glance