• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Close but interesting game, 59 odd to win by pujara's sussex. When i was in college Uday joshi ( non test player) playing for Sussex in english County, he was outstanding for Gujarat in Ranji trophy but never get test cap.

County Championship Division Two, The 1st Central County Ground, Hove (day three):

Durham: 376 ( Opener Lees & Jones 142 for 1st wkt) & 189: (Robinson 58; Hudson-Prentice 4-27, Crocombe 4-47)

Sussex: 335 ( pujara 115 debut for sussex & 172-5: (Haines 64; pujara 35,Carse 2-17, Kuhnemann 2-51)

Sussex (5pts) trail Durham (6pts) by 58 runs with five wickets

G. S. Kohli

Keogh (101*) & #9 Berg (49*)put on 92* for 8th wicket try to save Their team for the humilation but kent likely to win today vs NOR.

Kent 222: Crawley 91; Tremain 5-44, White 4-57

Northants 117 & 300-7: Keogh 101* Azad 51, Berg 49* ; Bell-Drummond 2-42, Evison 2-52
Northants (3pts) lead Kent (3pts) by 195 runs with three

G. S. Kohli

Close but interesting game, 59 odd to win by pujara's sussex. When i was in college Uday joshi ( non test player) playing for Sussex in english County, he was outstanding for Gujarat in Ranji trophy but never get test cap.

County Championship Division Two, The 1st Central County Ground, Hove (day three):

Durham: 376 ( Opener Lees & Jones 142 for 1st wkt) & 189: (Robinson 58; Hudson-Prentice 4-27, Crocombe 4-47)

Sussex: 335 ( pujara 115 debut for sussex & 172-5: (Haines 64; pujara 35,Carse 2-17, Kuhnemann 2-51)

Sussex (5pts) trail Durham (6pts) by 58 runs with five wickets
(Oli Carter, a wicketkeeper-batter with an appetite for a scrap, made his Sussex debut aged 19 after coming through the club's academy system. He showed his fighting qualities with 59 off 48 balls in his fourth List A innings, almost rescuing a chase of 219 against Gloucestershire from eight down)

58 to win below
Sussex were 166/3 slipped to 208 /8 but
Ollie Carter 21 year old keeper's 83 ball 33* won it by 2 wkts

Cong. Pujara for debut century & debut win as captain, india need you in WTC final in england

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Crawley this game: 91 and 3

Compton this game: 25 and 114*

Crawley last county season: >500 runs @ >30

Compton last county season: 1193 runs @54

Compton has made more county 100's since his kent debut at the start of last season then crawley has in his ENTIRE county career.

And yet crawley continues to get picked. Hopefully compton can find his way into the england squad this time around.

Unconquered

Cricket Spectator
I am obviously a big fan of Compton but I just can’t see any way he is selected to open the batting for England in this Bazball era.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I am obviously a big fan of Compton but I just can’t see any way he is selected to open the batting for England in this Bazball era.
Why wouldn't it lol? Bazball isn't just about blindly slogging. It's about freeing the players up to play their natural game.

Unconquered

Cricket Spectator
Why wouldn't it lol? Bazball isn't just about blindly slogging. It's about freeing the players up to play their natural game.
I just don’t see it, not that I necessarily agree with it. I just don’t think he’s in the mould that McCullum and Stokes are looking at, rightly or wrongly.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazball via Stokes is quite a lot about slogging, I think.
Who else other than stokes is running down the pitch at the pacers though? Root is reverse ramping because it gives him a way to counter the channel ball, stokes is running down because he thinks it's a good way to put the pacers on the defensive.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I just don’t see it, not that I necessarily agree with it. I just don’t think he’s in the mould that McCullum and Stokes are looking at, rightly or wrongly.
There not looking at a specific mould of player, though. Lee's was as dour an opener as you'll see and made sibley look like Viv Richards when he played in the Caribbean. Foakes isn't going out there and striking at run a ball and Baz is still gushing for him every chance he gets.

Unconquered

Cricket Spectator
There not looking at a specific mould of player, though. Lee's was as dour an opener as you'll see and made sibley look like Viv Richards when he played in the Caribbean. Foakes isn't going out there and striking at run a ball and Baz is still gushing for him every chance he gets.
Exactly, and he was dropped whilst Crawley continues to get selected despite equally low scores.

I just don’t feel having an opener on 8 from 40 is the way they are looking to go. I guess we’ll see but I agree, Compton really can’t do much more than he’s already doing.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Exactly, and he was dropped whilst Crawley continues to get selected despite equally low scores.

I just don’t feel having an opener on 8 from 40 is the way they are looking to go. I guess we’ll see but I agree, Compton really can’t do much more than he’s already doing.
Lee's got dropped because someone had to make way for Duckett at the top and Crawley blasted a 130 sr 70* vs rabada and Jansen in the 4th innings in his last test innings.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
They are definitely looking for a mould of player. Stokes has said (or at least implied without leaving any doubt) more or less exactly that on record. He's said that any prospective England players in the Championship need to look at the style of cricket the national team are playing and show they can fit into it.

Lees was dour in the Caribbean but that was under Root. He didn't play like that under Stokes and is on record saying that team orders were to play more aggressively. (Doesn't mean they have to try and slog absolutely everything (apart from Stokes himself as you say) but there's definitely an expectation that they need to be going for their shots.

G. S. Kohli

Lecestershire
Handscomb 112, Rehan 85, Milnes 3-72, Thompson 3-86) and 392 for 7 (Patel125, Ackermann 72, Handscomb 68*, Bess 5-158) beat Yorkshire 517 (Malan 132, Bean 118) and 286 for 8 dec (Hope 83, Hill 67, Wharton 52, Hull 3-68) by three wickets

1903 Yorkshire beaten by Leicestershire
Salute to Rishi Ketan Patel ( maiden 100❤)who opened innings hits 125.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Lecestershire
Handscomb 112, Rehan 85, Milnes 3-72, Thompson 3-86) and 392 for 7 (Patel125, Ackermann 72, Handscomb 68*, Bess 5-158) beat Yorkshire 517 (Malan 132, Bean 118) and 286 for 8 dec (Hope 83, Hill 67, Wharton 52, Hull 3-68) by three wickets

1903 Yorkshire beaten by Leicestershire
Salute to Rishi Ketan Patel ( maiden 100❤)who opened innings hits 125.
There is something so funny about Yorkshire barely getting relegated then somehow managing to lose to the team that didn't win a game in div 2 last year. Especially after sniping aforementioned teams best player and refusing to play him.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Compton just needs to keep scoring runs his way, if the selectors think he's the man for the job, they will eventually pick him.
In the end, scoring runs is the currency, who knows how the first two or three Ashes Test's go, they made need him at the top of the order.
Anyway as a Kent supporter, I'm quite happy with him batting at Kent in 2023.

G. S. Kohli

There is something so funny about Yorkshire barely getting relegated then somehow managing to lose to the team that didn't win a game in div 2 last year. Especially after sniping aforementioned teams best player and refusing to play him.
So yorkshire beaten koz without Bairstow & root? Or Sporting declaration in 2nd innings?

I found something for 1910 game but that was Draw game means Yorkshire never beaten by Leicestershire

County Championship, 1910
Leicestershire v Yorkshire
Aylestone Road, Leicester
19,21 May 1910 (2-day match)

Result: Match drawn
Toss: Yorkshire
Umpires: W Richards and AA White

Close of play:

Day 1: No play
Yorkshire 1st innings
W Rhodes not out 38
JW Rothery c Sharp b Coe 12
D Denton not out 1
Extras 0
Total (1 wicket, 19 overs) 51

DNB: A Drake, GH Hirst, WH Wilkinson, H Myers, *EJRH Radcliffe,
JT Newstead, S Haigh, +H Watson.

FoW: 1-49.

Jayes 10 2 37 0
Astill 6 1 11 0
Coe 3 1 3 1

Leicestershire team:
*AG Hazlerigg, CJB Wood, VFS Crawford, AT Sharp, AE Knight,
H Whitehead, RF Turner, S Coe, T Jayes, WE Astill, +W Sturman.
This match was arranged for only 2 days, there being no play on 20 May because of the King's funeral.