• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English counties targetting Indian young guns!!

English counties are taking interest in the young talented Indian cricketers. V Sehwag is already a star of a county, Yuvraj has been signed by Yorkshire to play county cricket, while Kaif has been signed by Derbyshire to replace good for nothing Afridi:) I think soon the likes of Zaheer khan and A Nehra will feature into different counties too.

I guess English counties are getting the INDIA effect:D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Isn't Nehra injured?

I think the main reason these players are being signed is because the counties know they're all available right through till the end of the season - India having now International games now until October.

Almost every other country has some International Cricket to play before then so it would mean more chopping and changing.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing Kaif.

It's no new thing with Derbyshire though. After all, we had Mohammed Asabiggun for a few years (and many years ago Venkat was a star).

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Astle would have been good at county cricket.
Astle & Kaif would have been a bloody good middle order for Derbyshire.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag is taking a little time to get going, he's not exactly had an explosive start with a few low scores and no large ones.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
Sehwag is taking a little time to get going, he's not exactly had an explosive start with a few low scores and no large ones.
Today he was runout :(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
England isn't the place for attacking players really with all the movement through the air that the seamers get. Afridi is proof of this. Sehwag is going to have to adapt and pretty quickly.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
England isn't the place for attacking players really with all the movement through the air that the seamers get. Afridi is proof of this. Sehwag is going to have to adapt and pretty quickly.
Afridi is a slogger while Sehwag plays cricketing shots. Lets see from the next match whether Sehwag can succeed:D

Rich2001

International Captain
vishnureddy said:
Lets see from the next match whether Sehwag can succeed:D
LOL sounds like an addict words, in a bad run of form... Lets just try this one, oh just another go, oh it's certain this time and so on :lol:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rich2001 said:
LOL sounds like an addict words, in a bad run of form... Lets just try this one, oh just another go, oh it's certain this time and so on :lol:
:D :P

krkode

State Captain
I've always wondered why Tendulkar has only played one county season...doesn't he want to? or don't they want him?

PY

International Coach
krkode said:
Tendulkar.....or don't they want him?
Is that an insult towards English county selectors???:lol::lol:
They'd have to be pretty darn stupid if there aren't mitigating circumstances.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I doubt if the Sachin would play or his manager would let him signup , they would want sachin to rest and be fit for whatever international games that come up