• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dream about Cricket?

Lora

Cricket Spectator
Dream about Cricket?

Sweet dreams!

Whether you're a pro or an armchair aficionado, you've probably dreamed about cricket at some stage.* Have you recently? Can you remember a vivid dream from the past? It might be funny, scary, revealing, or just plain bizarre, but whatever it is write it up and send it to:

cricketdreams@hotmail.com

The more descriptive the better, but send whatever you can manage for possible inclusion in a new book. Include your name (unless the dream is so embarrassing you want to remain anonymous!), your location and your team/club if you have one.

25% of any profits will go to the Ben Hollioake Fund, which raises money for CHASE, the Children's Hospice Service.
Sweet dreams!

*Actual dreams, not just ‘aspirations’ please!

www.benhollioakefund.com
-------------------------------------------------------------
It's all for a good cause and people may wish to share their (cricket based) dreams here too... See if anything revealing comes up!! ;) :lol:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Check this thread: http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2709

This is my worst (yet)... "a few weeks back, England vs Australia, Boxing Day Test, England win by an innings and about 900. England made 1000+ with Mike Cassar at 3 making 600 and something. Kabir Ali at 10 made 139 and Kirtley at 11 an unbeaten 100. All the bottom four got tons, in fact...

I think that I might have dreamt about me scoring runs once, but that one does seem a touch far-fetched.

And as for non-sporting dreams, beat this: Aged 6, I dreamt of being eaten by a giant aardvark in my back garden, which had grass at least a metre high. Oh, and I've been chased through my house by one of my mates (PY in fact) who turned into a 2m high fire breathing dragon."

Lora

Cricket Spectator
I actually had one about Ben shortly after he died that really upset me. But I had one a few weeks ago that was very me...

It's always been my dream to work for either the ECB (or Surrey. Hampshire at a push put only cos they're close but the Rose Bowls a freezing wind trap and I don't think I could handle that... Anyway, I digress) in Andrew Walpole's position of media relations. Should I meet him in the near future, I shall be telling him to watch his back.

I was working at the Oval for a match, an international, when Ramps came up to me in a fluster. He was desperate to get a press release out and I told him to chill cos it was in safe hands.

Anyway next time I saw him, he was headed out to bat, about to walk down the steps to the middle and I just called out "Ramps, it's sorted" and he turned and thanked me and turned to walk out again. I tried to resist the urge but I couldn't...

I called him back and made him hug me (it wasn't dodgy, I'm just extremely tactile...) before he went out to bat... Dunno how he did but I had a smile on my face that's for sure!!! :D

V Reddy

International Debutant
Lora said:
I actually had one about Ben shortly after he died that really upset me. But I had one a few weeks ago that was very me...

It's always been my dream to work for either the ECB (or Surrey. Hampshire at a push put only cos they're close but the Rose Bowls a freezing wind trap and I don't think I could handle that... Anyway, I digress) in Andrew Walpole's position of media relations. Should I meet him in the near future, I shall be telling him to watch his back.

I was working at the Oval for a match, an international, when Ramps came up to me in a fluster. He was desperate to get a press release out and I told him to chill cos it was in safe hands.

Anyway next time I saw him, he was headed out to bat, about to walk down the steps to the middle and I just called out "Ramps, it's sorted" and he turned and thanked me and turned to walk out again. I tried to resist the urge but I couldn't...

I called him back and made him hug me (it wasn't dodgy, I'm just extremely tactile...) before he went out to bat... Dunno how he did but I had a smile on my face that's for sure!!! :D
Were you narrating your dream or did you indeed really meet my fav cricketer

Lora

Cricket Spectator
That was a dream but I have also met Ramps. At a charity match and we chatted about his stint presenting on Sky the day before.

My friend met him too, drinking in a hotel.

deeps

International 12th Man
i had a match the following day....and i was really nervous about my batting,because i'd been bowled 4 times in the nets the previous day :S and i was looking really shaky

I kept dreaming that i'd leave a ball on middle and off stump,it would move away,and knock out my off stump... I had that repeat in my mind countless times

so wat i did:

The next morning, i went up to our best bowler, and told him to bowl the same ball as in my dream to me in the nets .. After about 9999 balls,he finally got it straight (he got it straight a few times before,but i forgot that i wwas supoosed 2 leave it,and ended up blocking it)....and i finally left one! it cleaned up my stumps...it was the ony time i''ll ever b happy 2 b bowled...

I figured that the dream had comet rue,so now it didn't matter.... I only made 7 that day :(

V Reddy

International Debutant
This dream came some days back

Aussies were touring India and were scheduled to play a practise match against Hyderabad XI on that day. Some members didn't turn up for Hyd and so i got to play as i was a quite and honest boy:P . I scored a gutsy 70 odd and was praised by Steve Waugh and all and was the talk of the town. I receieved several offers to play for several teams.

Just then my Mom woke me up saying it was getting late for college :!( . This dream resembles so much of that Hyderabadi Asif Iqbal :!( who was taken to Pak and played for them .

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Check this thread: http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2709

This is my worst (yet)... "a few weeks back, England vs Australia, Boxing Day Test, England win by an innings and about 900. England made 1000+ with Mike Cassar at 3 making 600 and something. Kabir Ali at 10 made 139 and Kirtley at 11 an unbeaten 100. All the bottom four got tons, in fact...

I think that I might have dreamt about me scoring runs once, but that one does seem a touch far-fetched.

And as for non-sporting dreams, beat this: Aged 6, I dreamt of being eaten by a giant aardvark in my back garden, which had grass at least a metre high. Oh, and I've been chased through my house by one of my mates (PY in fact) who turned into a 2m high fire breathing dragon."
well,I used to dream every night I was chased by a giant teddy bear.in the end I would ALWAYS fall down a flight of stairs.

one dream,I found a shotgun hidden behind the thorn bush (wtf?)and I blew that teddy to bits.