• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft ideas/scheduling thread

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Following a suggestion on the previous page, I think that descending ODI strike rates with variable order would work.
Also I just thought of an idea that you could use after the ODI draft ..

How about a Debut Draft ?

You pick a player based on the age they made their Test debut ..
Catch being you can only use one debut age twice , every other debut age has to be different in your XI ..

If a player played for two teams the debut that came first applies..

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Also I just thought of an idea that you could use after the ODI draft ..

How about a Debut Draft ?

You pick a player based on the age they made their Test debut ..
Catch being you can only use one debut age twice , every other debut age has to be different in your XI ..

If a player played for two teams the debut that came first applies..
Nice idea but why do you think we need to use one debut age twice? Do you feel it will be difficult to form a XI from completely unique debut age?

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Nice idea but why do you think we need to use one debut age twice? Do you feel it will be difficult to form a XI from completely unique debut age?
I wouldn't want drafters to feel they don't have much options in terms of quality picks ..

And I have noticed drafts tend to have 15-20 contestants.. conservatively let's say 20 teams are allowed ..

That's 220 picks ..

A lot of the great players would have debuted between 20-25 so I thought having two for one age only would help in selections , but that's just my suggestion can be any rule

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Just a thought, but a draft where you have to pick a player who has either played together or against your previous pick in a Test match seems an interesting idea; atleast on the surface.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Im in for whatever draft is next (Personally find the record draft the most interesting) , was also thinking around the last draft, I found the simplicity combined with incredible tactical thinking needed to successfully complete draft without fillers etc very enjoyable and thus there was a combination/alteration on a couple of drafts I've already done that will create the same elements . Of those i think the below is the most viable .

Simple rule around nationality . You can only have 3 nationalities in your team and this is not pre-determined before draft , once you have 3 cricketers of different nationalities that's it and its the drafters choice . Thus there will be a lot of tactics involved and different approaches to it as well as chaos around everyone's picks as there might be drafters that can complete early and others that run into issues due to high volume drafters selecting same nation/s.

Im not the most experienced so unsure if this was done before and if it will play out like i think , however an idea nonetheless .

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Was browsing stats as one does and came across something that might be an interesting draft . There is 4922 cricketers credited with youth OD status and stats . The idea is simple , can only select cricketers with youth OD stats however your selecting a all time test team , no other rules just the one .

I believe this might be a very challenging draft .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Was browsing stats as one does and came across something that might be an interesting draft . There is 4922 cricketers credited with youth OD status and stats . The idea is simple , can only select cricketers with youth OD stats however your selecting a all time test team , no other rules just the one .

I believe this might be a very challenging draft .
Will be gr8

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Im in for whatever draft is next (Personally find the record draft the most interesting) , was also thinking around the last draft, I found the simplicity combined with incredible tactical thinking needed to successfully complete draft without fillers etc very enjoyable and thus there was a combination/alteration on a couple of drafts I've already done that will create the same elements . Of those i think the below is the most viable .

Simple rule around nationality . You can only have 3 nationalities in your team and this is not pre-determined before draft , once you have 3 cricketers of different nationalities that's it and its the drafters choice . Thus there will be a lot of tactics involved and different approaches to it as well as chaos around everyone's picks as there might be drafters that can complete early and others that run into issues due to high volume drafters selecting same nation/s.

Im not the most experienced so unsure if this was done before and if it will play out like i think , however an idea nonetheless .
There was a 2 nationalities draft on those lines run by mr_mister several years ago. No reason why we shouldn't do that (or a variant on it) again, though.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I remember those drafts (I did one for decades of debut too, then eventually a hybrid draft) being very popular

The list randomisation stuff is surprising easy to figure out haha. Just type list randomiser into Google and it'll be straight forward from there