• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft idea: Counties by initial

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll take Bobby Parks to finish off my side.

1 Jack Hobbs
2 Alistair Cook*
3 Bill Edrich
4 Shivnarine Chanderpaul
5 Mike Hussey
6 Ravi Shastri
7 Wilfred Rhodes
8 Bobby Parks +
9 Derek Underwood
10 Jimmy Anderson
11 Bob Willis

Fun draft to participate in Andrew, cheers for creating it! I doubt my team will gather too many votes, but I like it none the less. The Underwood/Rhodes spin duo would be a treat to watch, not to mention Hobbs & Cook up the top there!

Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
I'll take Lancastrian George Duckworth to finish off my side.

1 Jack Hobbs
2 Alistair Cook*
3 Bill Edrich
4 Shivnarine Chanderpaul
5 Mike Hussey
6 Ravi Shastri
7 Wilfred Rhodes
8 George Duckworth +
9 Derek Underwood
10 Jimmy Anderson
11 Bob Willis

Fun draft to participate in Andrew, cheers for creating it! I doubt my team will gather too many votes, but I like it none the less. The Underwood/Rhodes spin duo would be a treat to watch, not to mention Hobbs & Cook up the top there!
Thanks.... but you already have an L player in Jimmy Anderson - think you need an H to finish.

The Battlers Prince

Second best batsman in his family :)
Edited original post

Battlers
1 Barry Richards Hampshire
2 Graham Gooch Essex
3 Dean Jones Durham
4 Johnny Tyldesley Lancashire
5 Martin Donnelly Warwickshire
6 Les Ames + Kent
7 Imran Khan Sussex
8 Sir Richard Hadlee Nottinghamshire
9 Johnny Wardle Yorkshire
10 Vince Van Der Bijl Middlesex
11 Tom Goddard Gloucestershire

AndrewB

Thanks everyone for taking part. Some strong teams there, as expected - I'll be putting up the poll thread shortly.