• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Fantastic loyalty to Reds shown there.

Here's hoping you do go to Orange, cause I certainly wouldn't want to play with you at Reds if you have that attitude.
word

cbuts

International Debutant
i reckon we should come up with a bit more exciting names, gotta think of the broadcasters in the modern day :p
wat about the warriors, storm, thunder, bears, sharks, pumas, hurricanes, crusaders, dragons, etc.

KennyD

cbuts said:
i reckon we should come up with a bit more exciting names, gotta think of the broadcasters in the modern day :p
wat about the warriors, storm, thunder, bears, sharks, pumas, hurricanes, crusaders, dragons, etc.
lol apart from thunder and pumas all those names are either Rugby league of Rugby Union team names lol

David

International 12th Man
Cricket Chat Crusaders
Off Topic Overlords
Fantasy Cricket Phoenix
Cricket Humour Harridans
Backyard Cricket Blasters

I was bored :P Excuse the poor picture :P

Attachments

KennyD

David said:
Cricket Chat Crusaders
Off Topic Overlords
Fantasy Cricket Phoenix
Cricket Humour Harridans
Backyard Cricket Blasters

I was bored :P Excuse the poor picture :P
That pics awesome!!!!

Im definitely part of OT Overlords...

KennyD

AUST_HiTMaN said:
To further my point in the OT thread. That is yet another example of your dribble.
I really dont care anymore...

And sorry about the dribble, which I dont believe it to be for the main focus was to congratulate David, if I remember correctly, on his clever pic that he drew of CW land.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
KennyD said:
lol apart from thunder and pumas all those names are either Rugby league of Rugby Union team names lol

puma's is the name for the argentinian rugby team isn't it?

cbuts

International Debutant
i didnt know that there was a team called the thunder - i was giong of nz's cricket team otago who are called the vlots. if you look at sporting teams all names have duplicates somewhere. im not saying use those but lets come up with somethign a bit more interesting this season

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Fantastic loyalty to Reds shown there.

Here's hoping you do go to Orange, cause I certainly wouldn't want to play with you at Reds if you have that attitude.

i said i would like to play in the colours, doesnt mean i am leaving the reds

but if you would liek to have a poll to see if i go or stay its all good by me.......

if the reds played cricket as good as we argued we would be an unbeatable force........

as vice captain of the reds i feel i have been as loyal if not one of the most loyal to skipper marc and the rest of the etam members........

sorry if ppl took my comment the wrong way....

Loony BoB

International Captain
First thing, I think that the new side should be the one to choose the colours.

But more importantly, I agree - all the decent colours have been taken, and unless you're willing to split light blue from dark blue or something (which would be a bit of a joke), I think it'd be good to start using something that has more obvious variety, like animals or heavenly bodies (although that in itself is limited) or even whatever the teams want. It could be Dragons vs. Galaxies, Reds vs. Aces, Alarm Clocks vs. Plastic Bags, whatever! So long as the teams are happy with their name, it should be given the go-ahead. It would be better for CW in the long run, as Cricket isn't exactly something people will be growing out of - CW can only grow. :)

EDIT: And yeah, every team name is used more than once at some point so don't worry if you're taking something from another team somewhere in the world. If you really insist, though, you could always ask your team to rename themselves to Alarm Clocks or the Plastic Bags... I'm happy for my ideas to go to good use. :p

Last edited:

Slats4ever

i like the idea but i reckon there should be a WCC Crushers in there instead of backyard cricket

it should be
Cricket Chat Champs
Off Topic Overlords
Fantasy Phoenix
World Club Cricket Crushers

and one other representing the main regions of CW

Loony BoB

International Captain
Why limit yourselves though? You don't see, for example, the Melbourne Storm or NZ Warriors in the NRL being told to change name because they aren't animal-names like most of the NR%L teams are. Pretty sure Auckland's cricket team are the Aces.

Colours need to go. I think it's obvious all the good colours have been used and the new team is having to pick between the leftover crap.

Each team should choose their own name, and it should be fairly open as to what it can be - animal, heavenly body, whatever.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Loony BoB said:
Why limit yourselves though? You don't see, for example, the Melbourne Storm or NZ Warriors in the NRL being told to change name because they aren't animal-names like most of the NR%L teams are. Pretty sure Auckland's cricket team are the Aces.
a very good point indeed.