• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dennis Lillee vs Steve Smith

Better Cricketer

• Dennis Lillee

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Steve Smith

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

BazBall21

International Regular
I voted Lillee. Less accomplished across conditions but was a monster throughout a long career and an elite destructive fast bowler is so valuable.

Smith comparatively needs a little more output outside his 2014-2019 Ashes peak imo. Because it was arguably the second greatest peak a batsman has ever had, he's certainly a worthy candidate in these discussions.

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
I voted Lillee. Less accomplished across conditions but was a monster throughout a long career and an elite destructive fast bowler is so valuable.

Smith comparatively needs a little more output outside his 2014-2019 Ashes peak imo. Because it was arguably the second greatest peak a batsman has ever had, he's certainly a worthy candidate in these discussions.
What’s the best?(Bradman or Viv 1976-81).

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Bradman's peak has to be the best.

Viv 76-81 is definitely one of the candidates for 2nd. Smith 2014-2019 is a worthy candidate too.
I’d just slightly drift towards Viv’s given his SR and average combination and the pitches in general. Smith has 2017 BGT and 2019 Ashes, but very flat pitches at home, a luxury Viv didn’t have