• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Definitely deserves its own thread

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's kinda interesting but my guess is that they're just not a cricket team, probably one person with ties to some cash and their mates out on a jolly because no one else was gonna rep Mali.

They're bowling more wides and no balls than legal deliveries.

cnerd123

likes this
It's kinda interesting but my guess is that they're just not a cricket team, probably one person with ties to some cash and their mates out on a jolly because no one else was gonna rep Mali.

I reckon that Mali wanted to enter this tournament simply to tick some boxes (in order to get access to some government/ICC funding), and therefore rustled up a team of women on short notice without much training or development.

I'm actually interested to know how they're bowling tbh. Whether they can bowl with legal actions, or if they all going to be reported for chucking after this tournament. If they have legal actions, it means they have received some degree of coaching, and are just way too raw to be playing against other nations that have established women's cricket programmes.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Well, if nothing else, Mali's presence has given more publicity to a tournament aimed at promoting peace and commemorating those who died in the Rwandan genocide of 1994.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was an international between 2 countries
Which was probably a lower standard than most clubs 6th grade though tbf

I reckon that Mali wanted to enter this tournament simply to tick some boxes (in order to get access to some government/ICC funding), and therefore rustled up a team of women on short notice without much training or development.

I'm actually interested to know how they're bowling tbh. Whether they can bowl with legal actions, or if they all going to be reported for chucking after this tournament. If they have legal actions, it means they have received some degree of coaching, and are just way too raw to be playing against other nations that have established women's cricket programmes.
pretty big indictment of the ICC throwing around international status so easily imo

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The Eddie Gilbert story genuinely makes me sad. Awful that cricket lost out on a player who had the potential to be something truly special. Even sadder the treatment he got post cricket, all in all a tragic story

Midwinter

State Captain
Thanks *****

That is a good read and explains why it happened.

As always there are two sides to a story and you should never jump to conclusions.