• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Definitely deserves its own thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I go gaga over most things cricket related but these random events happening in some random country's 6th grade club comp never do anything for me

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Mali's previous match had a similar run chase, though with a larger target (12):

Konate to Pascal, FOUR runs,
Konate to Kibasu, 1 run,
Konate to Kibasu, no run,
4nb
Konate to Pascal, (no ball) 3 runs,
Konate to Pascal, FOUR runs,
1w
Konate to Pascal, 1 wide,

(Tanzania v Uganda in the same event had more normal scores and was presumably quite exciting: 113-9 v 108-9).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When I was five and playing under tens, we got sent in to bat at the end of the January school holidays on a field which had not been mowed since before Xmas. The grass was literally up to your waist. We batted for 2.5 hours - all out 4. But even in that game we at least got three runs off the bat ffs.

Tom Flint

International Regular
We played our neighbours and rival team in an under 13s game. They won the toss and batted, we bowled them out for 12. We then chased it down in 4 balls.

vcs

Quite an improvement. Pitch must have been a road for them to have got that many.

cnerd123

likes this
They conceded 314/2 in 20 overs, tho 60 of those were extras, so really it was 30 overs, which is somehow not that much better

I'm just happy we have another country playing international women's Cricket :) the more the merrier, tho the Mali ladies could use a step down in opposition quality...

vcs

At least we now know that they are equally bad at both disciplines.

vcs

Looking at the scorecards, the other teams seem to be fairly evenly matched, it's just that Mali are horrific.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27014916/mali-women-sink-record-304-run-defeat-t20i

List of records broken in the match:

Highest total in women's T20Is, beating England women's 250 for 3 against South Africa women exactly a year ago.

The 227-run stand between Musamali and Alako is the highest for any wicket in women's T20Is. The previous best was 182 put on by Suzie Bates and Sophie Devine against South Africa women , exactly a year ago. [South Africa women played two T20Is on the same day in Taunton on June 20, 2018]

The margin of victory (304 runs) is the highest ever by a distance. The previous best in women's T20Is was when UAE women beat China women by 189 runs in January.

Mali have the three lowest totals in women's T20Is, having incredibly achieved those on three consecutive days.

The 61 extras Mali gave up are the third most in women's T20Is.

The 82 runs Oumou Sow conceded are the most ever for Women's T20Is. The most ever conceded in men's cricket is 81 (in four overs) by Sarmad Anwar in a domestic match in Pakistan.

vcs

Absolute joke that they moved Mariam Samake down the order after she scored their only run with the bat on Tuesday
Yep, maybe I'm being too harsh on them. Samake would clearly get into Pakistan's team ahead of Shoaib Malik, TBF

AndrewB

Mali have improved slightly in the first two return matches, scoring 30/9 (off the 20 overs) against Rwanda and 17 against Tanzania, for whom Nasra Saidi had the figures 2.2-2-0-5, and Perice Mamunya emulated Brian Langford with her figures of 4-4-0-0.

AndrewB

14 in their last match, but that included 13 extras :-( . They did at least get to bowl (part of) a second over this time.

Their overall stats for the tournament can be seen here.

Looking at the records pages, they now have 5 of the 6 lowest scores in Women's T20, the 3 biggest defeats by each of "runs" and "balls remaining" and the 3 worst economy rates in an innings.