• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Gower vs Virender Sehwag

Who is the better test batsman?

• Total voters

MexicanRiver

Cricket Spectator
Gower by miles. Averaged 46 overseas in the tough era (40+ in the two toughest countries), brilliant against all types of bowling. Played entirely in the bowling era, with England being the home game. Sehwag was terrible against fast bowling and walking wicket in some conditions.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
No, what you wanted to point out was the difference in batting average. And that batting average can easily be attributed to late stage career decline for both Dravid and Gavaskar.
In all honesty, I also rate Gavaskar and Dravid over Sutcliffe and Barrington respectively; but they do really don't have similar records. The latter two averages significantly more, while the former two have notably longer careers.

Sunil1z

International Regular
In all honesty, I also rate Gavaskar and Dravid over Sutcliffe and Barrington respectively; but they do really don't have similar records. The latter two averages significantly more, while the former two have notably longer careers.
Who is better bowler : Bumrah or Donald?

PlayerComparisons

International Debutant
Wasn’t Dravid averaging high 50s at one stage? I think his away average was ridiculous at that point as well (although I don’t think away is more important than home but I know others do)