• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darren Stevens

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems the general consensus is here is that Stevens is a hero. I respect his longevity, he can certainly be fun with the bat too. But frankly I think it's pretty embarrasing that his style of bowling has a place anywhere above club level

a massive zebra

International Captain
But frankly I think it's pretty embarrasing that his style of bowling has a place anywhere above club level
Well clearly it does. Over 500 first class wickets at under 25 is very impressive and actually significantly better than a number of bowlers who have played a decent amount of cricket for England as frontline bowlers in recent years.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Hence why I struggle to take county cricket seriously at times

I know what Stevens does works, but his whole modus operandai looks so awful to me

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Typical Australian comments from above. He actually reminds me a bit of philander a really decent bowler
They're right though. County cricket can be a pretty piss poor standard at times, especially in how it rewards slow medium pacers. Even fat ****s like Jesse Ryder and Mark Cosgrove took bags of wickets in County.

Philander was a green-top bully anyway

Tom Flint

International Regular
I have just watched a season of Peter handsombe at my club middlesex average about 7 across all formats. He plays in the Sheffield shield which we all keep hearing about is head and shoulders above all other domestic leagues! And he has one of the higher averages in that league but can't hack it in the 'club level county championship

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I have just watched a season of Peter handsombe at my club middlesex average about 7 across all formats. He plays in the Sheffield shield which we all keep hearing about is head and shoulders above all other domestic leagues! And he has one of the higher averages in that league but can't hack it in the 'club level county championship
Thoughts, @TheJediBrah

Flem274*

123/5
i like good medium pacers, but i don't think county cricket has nearly as many as it appears to on first glance.

i still remember the days of jeetan patel or post knee-injury james franklin tricking us every season into thinking they were arriving/back with the ball only to average 40 for wellington, then jesse ryder went over there and took poles and we finally got highlights of it and were like 'oh.....'

the credibility of county cricket in the nz thread collapsed overnight, so much so that when matt henry ran around averaging 14 over there we all shrugged and said 'yeah, sounds about right. as a good odi bowler he should be expected to'

Aritro

International Regular
I thought it was harsh he wouldn't let his kids practice witchcraft. Why marry a beautiful All-American witch if you hate their way of life?!