• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darren Gough vs Stuart Broad

Darren Gough or Stuart Broad

• Darren Gough

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Stuart Broad

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a ridiculous comparison. I know we should start one comparing Malcolm Marshall and Joel Garner. Similar comparison really but a few levels of ability up.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gough >> Broad because cricket is all about aesthetics and Gough's bowling action is wonderful and Broad's looks like when a wind turbine disintegrates.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Another person who never examined the footage well.
Translation
Another person who actually remembers what happened instead of buying the fiction that still does the rounds in some quarters.
Haddin wasn't it? Cost his side that match and then cost his side the 1st test and probably the series when he dropped Root a couple of years later. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I really don't know what point you're trying to argue here Starfighter?

Haddin not holding onto the nick is very relevant when people keep saying Broad edged it to second slip (even though there was only 1 slip in place Brah......but don't let any facts get in the way of your story)

The reactions to this non incident is more an embarrassment to Australian cricket than sandpapergate IMO.

Jarquis

Starfighter is rather obtusely trying to say that the edge was so thick that if Hardin had not touched it, it would have gone to second slip anyway and so Broad knew he’d hit it. It’s a bad point being made in an even worse fashion but I think that’s the gist of it.

Starfighter

All I'm saying is that it was really quite a thick edge and not the thin nick that I've seen people try to present it as, with the excuse that it touched Haddin's gloves.

I don't believe in walking, so whatever.

I ignored the second slip bit because I assumed it was a stupid mistake and that no-one was thick enough to assume that was being argued.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a huge edge.......so why do people try and exaggerate it by claiming it was smashed to second slip?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Starfighter is rather obtusely trying to say that the edge was so thick that if Hardin had not touched it, it would have gone to second slip anyway and so Broad knew he’d hit it. It’s a bad point being made in an even worse fashion but I think that’s the gist of it.
Wish it had gone to second slip.......we'd have scored 4 runs and this utterly ridiculous pantomime would never have happened.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was a huge edge.......so why do people try and exaggerate it by claiming it was smashed to second slip?
Because it sounds better, duh

"the cheating **** didn't even walk when he nicked it to the keeper up to the stumps who then deflected it to slip" doesn't have the same ring