• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Group stage draw - since there's only one game left.

I'm going to go from the bottom up, so the first drawn team gets spot four in group A, etc. The eight seeds

are in their own pot and will be drawn last, in an order determined by the Random.org sequence generator. The other 24 teams will be drawn into eight groups in another random order.

Group A: Leverock CC, Male Models, Viveash, Boggles
Group B: Tawonga Tigers, Fishs XI, Oceans XI, Cymru Gurgitaters
Group C: oz fans xi, Alternative XI, Magical Ponies, Withington Wonderers
Group D: Dalmeny Cricket Club, BEST Indies, yorkshire sixhitters, Scaly Piscine CC
Group E: Dynamo Morpork, Jaffna Jets, Kipper XI, Whenuapai CC
Group F: Victoria Panthers, Opening Balance, caves_beach cc, Asterix XI
Group G: Brackenhurst, Saggers Mob, Tamil Eelam CC, Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
Group H: Beard XI, Clutha Valley CC, Central Districts, Jamees 999ers

Group E the group of death, clearly.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hoping i get Nibbs first up and its a draw because his still in the cup. Reckon that tie could decide our group.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
First 2 in the group progress or just one team?

If its first 2 i may have a chance of getting into the next round if i can beat Clapo's team which should be a good match.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
Jason Duggan - 23 yo, BT Rating=92,778   
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, [B]worthless[/B] batting form, proficient bowling form, [B]fresh[/B] 
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and superb experience. 
Tim Morrison - 21 yo, BT Rating=84,522  
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, [B]invigorated [/B]
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and mediocre experience. 
James Vermaak - 21 yo, BT Rating=59,094  
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, [B]fresh [/B]
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and mediocre experience. 
Tel Lee - 26 yo, BT Rating=57,924  
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, [B]moderate [/B]
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and strong experience. 
Dom Graham - 20 yo, BT Rating=47,254  
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, [B]lively [/B]
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience. 
Arnold Janes - 20 yo, BT Rating=34,032  
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, [B]fresh [/B]
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and mediocre experience. 
Seamus Hamshaw - 26 yo, BT Rating=31,910  
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, superb bowling form, [B]lively[/B] 
A steady player with strong leadership skills and respectable experience. 
Steven Sweeney - 23 yo, BT Rating=31,535  
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, competent bowling form, [B]moderate [/B]
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and respectable experience.
PFL management at its best (Y)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
And it gets better....

Code:
Peter Dove - 25 yo, BT Rating=41,237  
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, competent batting form, superb bowling form, [B]fresh[/B] 
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and respectable experience. 
Dean Vernon - 28 yo, BT Rating=27,504  
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, [B]fatigued [/B]
A steady player with abysmal leadership skills and competent experience. 
Kenny Davies - 25 yo, BT Rating=26,649  
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, woeful bowling form, [B]fair [/B]
A steady player with strong leadership skills and feeble experience. 
Gavin Brown - 24 yo, BT Rating=25,989  
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, [B]fresh [/B]
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and feeble experience. 
Ron Chambers - 25 yo, BT Rating=23,646  
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form,[B] fatigued [/B]
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and mediocre experience. 
Steven Byron - 24 yo, BT Rating=16,293  
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, superb bowling form, [B]fair [/B]
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and mediocre experience. 
Patrick Brydon - 24 yo, BT Rating=12,497  
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, [B]low [/B]
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and competent experience. 
Daniel Khulelaphi - 22 yo, BT Rating=12,381  
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, competent bowling form, [B]fresh [/B]
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, thought i may have had a slight chance if it was the first 2. Match against Wilson should be good, even though i expect to be beaten..

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Haha, thought i may have had a slight chance if it was the first 2. Match against Wilson should be good, even though i expect to be beaten..
I rekon it'll be a good match. No point worrying about beating Adam because that just isn't realistic. My "final" is against your mob.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Preliminary match 2:

yorkshire sixhitters 278 for 4 (50 overs)
J Steyn 105, B Blakeman 98; T Gradley 2/54, M Julian 2/55

Coco's Nuts 29 for 0 (6 overs)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Steyn's a good lad another century for him this season, Poor Blakeman couldn't make it 3 tons in a row but Clunnie and Badenhorst have questions to answer for not taking us to 300 when they had been given such a good platform

yorkshire sixhitters won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Flat

End of Over 40: 209-3, runrate=5.23, reqrunrate=7.00 (278-4)
Duke 10-0-62-0
Juries* 30 (28 balls)
Ridgewell 29 (28 balls)
Last Wicket: Beresford c. Muldowney b. Henk 75 (FOW: 153/3)

Pidgely back into the attack after his 1st spell was 5-2-13-2 and to try bowlk them out Muldowney who has been his usual expensive but dangerous self