• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Custom user tags

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds like someone who doesn't know the meaning of the word 'discussion'.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Axl Rose used some offensive terms though. He did try and build bridges after that but then he blew it all by covering a Charlie Manson song...silly boy !!!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Always felt it should be more time-based than post-based (maybe a mix), helps award people who post quality over quantity. But custom titles never really bothered me.

Richard: It's actually possible to have an editable custom title as well as a staff title if you set up ranks for staff. Not sure if James is interested in that or not, but it's a thought.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Frankly I've never seen the major point in post counts, let alone custom titles. Senior posters (not just necessarily on this forum) start to use their post counts as an excuse to throw their weight around.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Post counts are a bit of harmless fun IMO.

No-one takes their use as "oh, look at me" tools seriously.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quality over quantity IMO, post counts are just there for fun really and shouldn't be taken more seriously than that. I have yet to see people openly using their high post count as a way to bully or intimidate other members.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Disappointed you're of that opinion, TBH.

Though draws a nice parallell with your recent(ish) postings about Test stats not being important, I guess.

pasag

RTDAS
Disappointed you're of that opinion, TBH.

Though draws a nice parallell with your recent(ish) postings about Test stats not being important, I guess.
I said they weren't important enough to determine whether certain sides should be given status iirc. Not that they weren't important all together.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's an interesting thought.

Then people who wanted them could show them and those who didn't like the idea could hide. :happy::unsure:

Loony BoB

International Captain
I always find it amusing that - for the most part - people with high post counts never want to see them go, and vice versa. :p