• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb decides- England's all time ODI XI

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tend not to feel like Botham's batting was good enough. For someone who could be such a destructive hitter in tests an average of 23 with no centuries is poor, even if ODI batting wasn't as easy in the early seventies and eighties.

OTOH Stokes' bowling is rubbish.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Chris Woakes gets nothing even though his new ball spells just won us a world cup?

Four matchwinning spells in four must win games.

Usually CW has a big hang up on winning big world cup games when it comes to ODI records, but it looks like the big hang up on 90s players being inherently better than modern players has won here.
I certainly considered Woakes. He was my third choice ahead of Anderson because of his world cup exploits.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The crazy thing is I can think of 7 or 8 Kiwi new ball bowlers who would be better. I hate to imagine how many Australians, Pakistanis, West Indians and South Africans would be ahead of the final English pair chosen.

Tempting to pick one of Botham or Flintoff to take the new ball with Gough and pick all three of Botham, Flintoff, and Stokes.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Bob Willis and Darren Gough go thru reasonable comfortably.

Next, select two opening batsmen.