• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's Betas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
We all know the alphas of cricket, the Viv's and he Kohli's and the Babar's and the Akram's and the Haydos and Warnos....but what about the betas? Those cricketers that try their best, may even be great in their own regards but just don't have the same energy as a Afridi or a Harby.

Let me start with a few:

Bumrah, pummelled into betahood by Fakhar Zaman and never fully recovered.

Jonathan Trott, terrific run maker but so betad he got kicked out of Australia and international cricket.

Any more?

Flem274*

123/5
Jonathan Trott, terrific run maker but so betad he got kicked out of Australia and international cricket.
bro, can't say this aye you're being a bit of a ****.

kohli. made lots of gee up noises and disgusted faces as captain in the field, snicks off for 4. it's funny though so i am sad that it has ended.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
bro, can't say this aye you're being a bit of a ****.

kohli. made lots of gee up noises and disgusted faces as captain in the field, snicks off for 4. it's funny though so i am sad that it has ended.
Why? It's true about Trott unless I'm missing something?

No way, Kohli is full on alpha. I think you're thinking of soft runs Williamson.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Alpha beta pairings.

Jadeja is the alpha. Ashwin is the beta.

Hayden the alpha, Langer the beta.

Boon the alpha, Marsh the beta.

Rhino the alpha. Johnson the beta.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
What's wrong? You say " he got kicked out of Australia and international cricket." which is totally inaccurate.

He voluntarily returned home suffering stress and anxiety (common indicators of depression and mental illness). He attempted a comeback but the conditions returned. I'm not saying he was an alpha player, but to denigrate a player on the grounds of his mental state is unacceptable.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a great thread.

The entire England cricket team when I was a kid were betas. Just a beta-rich environment. Whereas the Aus team were almost exclusively alphas. Hence the Ashes results in that time period.

It's not a coincidence that the arrival of some true English alphas like KP and Flintoff turned around their fortunes.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
btw, if anyone has any queries as to which cricketers are alpha or beta I'm happy to field individual requests

Chubb

International Regular

No way, Kohli is full on alpha. I think you're thinking of soft runs Williamson.
having a mental illness does not make you a “beta”. This whole thread is idiotic. There are probably many people on this forum, myself included, who have suffered from anxiety and depression and you have no right to claim that is “beta” or whatever Jordan Peterson claptrap you want to spout.

Status
Not open for further replies.