• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web RSS Feeds

Slow Love™

International Captain
Cool, I subscribed.

BTW, most sites that have an RSS feed that I visit put a little icon in the far right of the address window to let users know instantly that it's available, but I don't see one at cricketweb.net. Maybe it needs a style tag or something in the header?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Cool, I subscribed.

BTW, most sites that have an RSS feed that I visit put a little icon in the far right of the address window to let users know that it's available, but I don't see one at cricketweb.net. Maybe it needs a style tag or something in the header?
Great :)

Thanks for that. I'll try and find out.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Think it might be something like:

Code:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0" href="/rss/" />
or

Code:
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0" href="/rss/latestnews.xml" />
or along those lines, anyway. Might need to cover a few mime types, I dunno.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
On the site, there is this image -
. Beside it is the link to About news feeds (and likewise in sports and other sections). A similar page could be useful for people who are not that tech savvy for cw as well.

Also, here is the wikipedia page which has 3 universally recognised icons/symbols for RSS -
and
. I personally like the last one the best as it clearly states RSS and had used it on my site as well.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
BTW, most sites that have an RSS feed that I visit put a little icon in the far right of the address window to let users know instantly that it's available, but I don't see one at cricketweb.net. Maybe it needs a style tag or something in the header?
Done :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dunno if this is common but I just got this when I tried the thing...

Attachments

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, I see.

Was no biggie, really - I clicked on the link more by accident than anything else, and was just making a report in case there was an error. :)