• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

cnerd123

likes this
Who even knew there was such a thing.
I did

I checked out a scorecard to see if I recognised any players. I did not. The guys in the Road and Safety Series should have been playing here!

Not necessarily because they're better tho.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I did

I checked out a scorecard to see if I recognised any players. I did not. The guys in the Road and Safety Series should have been playing here!

Sounds really cool though. Dunno why it isn't marketed more. Would love watching Sachin, Lara, Warne, McGrath etc. turn out for this a decade from now.

cnerd123

likes this
Sounds really cool though. Dunno why it isn't marketed more. Would love watching Sachin, Lara, Warne, McGrath etc. turn out for this a decade from now.
Because a lot of the best 50+ year old cricketers going around right now are a lot better than legends who haven't picked up a bat or a ball in 15 years, and also maybe a lot of retired players retired because they were sick of playing competitive cricket (like a world cup)

Bijed

International Regular
They'd probably still get loads of ticket sales though, mostly from people who don't read properly and assume it's '50 over world cup' instead of 'Over 50s world cup'

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The only player of note in the Australian team was Peter Solway of Canberra Comets fame, apart from that I can't say I recognised any names.

Namibia have three of their 2003 World Cup squad playing

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I did

The Saffers seemed to have quite a few ex-pros in there, but yeah mostly they're just club cricketers.

The Over 50 World Cup would've had more appeal if it was with actual ex-legends ala Champions Tours in golf/tennis.

cnerd123

likes this
The Saffers seemed to have quite a few ex-pros in there, but yeah mostly they're just club cricketers.

The Over 50 World Cup would've had more appeal if it was with actual ex-legends ala Champions Tours in golf/tennis.
They'd have to strike a balance between retired legends and guys who are actually good cricketers at that age.