• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Mr Miyagi

Banned
It's really tiring when one person tries to act smart and not clearly lay out his point but instead keeps beating around the bush, and when the person he is talking to deliberately acts dumb and puts in no effort to try and understand the point being made and just straight bats all of it.

You're just wasting your time, the two of you.
I didn't beat around the bush, I said and stated the free rider problem, and I later then proved it with the quotes. If JediBrah was not going to accept it from by then, I am not sure that he ever would. Third party intervention seemed far more convenient.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's really tiring when one person tries to act smart and not clearly lay out his point but instead keeps beating around the bush, and when the person he is talking to deliberately acts dumb and puts in no effort to try and understand the point being made and just straight bats all of it.

You're just wasting your time, the two of you.
In all honesty I genuinely had no idea if he had a point or not. I wasn't pretending anything. But yes you're not the only one finding it tiring.

edit: And I immediately & directly asked "what is your point". Not sure how much more streamlined I could try and make it tbh

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah no arguments here, it's nothing new and we've been over this many, many times on here, (mostly thanks to you) and I don't think anyone disagrees. Someone has to take the first step, but why would they if no one else does?

Keep fighting the good fight though
I think ultimately cricket will need a philanthropist, or a Kerry Packer / Lalit Modi style visionary businessman to break this cycle

Because either someone has to cop a loss to invest in these countries to get them to a sustainable level - and that's more likely to come from an individual billionaire than it is from a corporate structure that needs votes from shareholders to proceed.

OR

Someone has to make money out of thin air - think up a new exciting cricket product that can make money in these nations, sell it well in order to get sponsors and support, and then execute it perfectly in order to actually turn a profit for everyone involved. He'll probably also have to put in all the groudwork to ensure whatever this is that he's come up with it sustainable and not just a one-off cash grab.

Can't see things changing in the current status quo.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
And yet *****, someone for whom English is not even a first language, comprehended it perfectly?

So is ***** a mind reader, or just better at comprehension?

TheJediBrah

I think ultimately cricket will need a philanthropist, or a Kerry Packer / Lalit Modi style visionary businessman to break this cycle

Because either someone has to cop a loss to invest in these countries to get them to a sustainable level - and that's more likely to come from an individual billionaire than it is from a corporate structure that needs votes from shareholders to proceed.

OR

Someone has to make money out of thin air - think up a new exciting cricket product that can make money in these nations, sell it well in order to get sponsors and support, and then execute it perfectly in order to actually turn a profit for everyone involved. He'll probably also have to put in all the groudwork to ensure whatever this is that he's come up with it sustainable and not just a one-off cash grab.

Can't see things changing in the current status quo.
Start a Go Fund Me and you can do it

I'll donate a fiver

And yet *****, someone for whom English is not even a first language, comprehended it perfectly?

So is ***** a mind reader, or just better at comprehension?
It was time to shut up a while ago, no one wants more of this

cnerd123

likes this
Well that possibly still favours comprehension then :)

Ever done any mind reading?
Did you just assume I'm not a native English speaker because I live/support Asian cricket countries and have a Bangladeshi cricketer in my avatar?

That's a pretty big leap. Not that it matters what you think, but you shouldn't go around making such racist assumptions.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
No a big leap is ignoring that I made this post, and then pretending that I never enunciated my point after agreeing with JediBrah's take on it.

What do you measure profits in if not money? Marbles?

Yes, CA looks to maximise profits from international cricket, to invest into Australia cricket growth, not the worlds.

We got you the first time. You're just repeating yourself. I agreed that is exactly what Australia is doing and does.

It is called the free-rider problem. A free rider is someone who cashes in from international cricket, does not want to invest in the current and future growth but will ride the profits from more developed skill or moneyed nations later.

Before you made this post:

His basic point is that every cricket board merely attempts to make a profit off International cricket to feed Domestic cricket.

No one is willing to cop a loss at International level, even if it potentially means spreading the game around the world.

Everyone just wants a bigger slice of the pie, no one is interested in growing the pie itself.

This is why Associate funding comes and goes, and why smaller nations don't get a lot of tours. CA has plenty of money, they can afford to play some International cricket that costs them money and still make a net profit overall at the end of the year. There would be good reason form them to do this too - growing the game around the world - growing the pie. But they choose not to. They rather maximise profit. A smaller profit with more cricket to smaller nations doesn't appeal to them.

This is the mentality that needs to change in world cricket. The self-serving attitude of every cricket board.
To be honest, I didn't once I assume that you were a mind reader. It was just more fun to go along with and accept JediBrah's criticism of me. :P

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
To be honest, I didn't once I assume that you were a mind reader. :P
You don't understand why you're tiring. What you said wasn't a rebuttal, or an argument, or a very insightful addition to the conversation. Yet you try to present it as though your are unveiling some grand secret. You could have very plainly just stated your thoughts, made your addition to the conversation, and moved on. But you tried to be dramatic and grand with it, and then tried to be vague and post quotes and answer a question with a question and be sarcastic and try to put all this unnecessary flair into it, when you could have very plainly said

These are my thoughts
These are why I feel this is relevant to the conversation

And then when TJB does what he does and goes "yea we know that why are you sharing" you could have just done what the rest of us do and call him a **** and move on

This didn't need to go one for so many posts and pages and words.

It's tiresome posting*. You've already got a thread locked because of this. Take the hint.

*unlike when Burgey and I talk about food and how ****** Australia is. No one ever gets sick of that.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
You don't understand why you're tiring. What you said wasn't a rebuttal, or an argument, or a very insightful addition to the conversation. Yet you try to present it as though your are unveiling some grand secret. You could have very plainly just stated your thoughts, made your addition to the conversation, and moved on. But you tried to be dramatic and grand with it, and then tried to be vague and post quotes and answer a question with a question and be sarcastic and try to put all this unnecessary flair into it, when you could have very plainly said

These are my thoughts
These are why I feel this is relevant to the conversation

And then when TJB does what he does and goes "yea we know that why are you sharing" you could have just done what the rest of us do and call him a **** and move on

This didn't need to go one for so many posts and pages and words.

It's tiresome posting*. You've already got a thread locked because of this. Take the hint.

*unlike when Burgey and I talk about food and how ****** Australia is. No one ever gets sick of that.
I have no inclination to call TheJediBrah a **** and move on. I think that is offensive.

I did my state my thoughts, and I was questioned on them by the The JediBrah and Starfighter, just like in the last thread (that was his thread as OP by the way, not mine).

So did I feel like I was unveiling some grand secret? Nopes. Not at all. But when my thoughts were questioned with sarcasm, I think I have done well to get to the point that JediBrah agrees with them. (In this and the thread you refer to). Sarcasm is a two way street. So, all in all, I don't call people **** all that readily and eventually I make sure that they see my point. And I will use socratic method, rhetorical questions, syllogisms, spoon feeding, and whatever many more tools of communication are available to me in between to ensure that it is done so.

Last edited:

Victor Ian

International Coach
Not profitable. These wankers and their false sums. Because they didn't bring out Bangladesh over winter I got bored and watched the footy. There I met a hot chick. We started to duck so much we missed the mcg test.year after year... Anyways, you get the picture.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have no inclination to call TheJediBrah a **** and move on. I think that is offensive.

I did my state my thoughts, and I was questioned on them by the The JediBrah and Starfighter, just like in the last thread (that was his thread as OP by the way, not mine).

So did I feel like I was unveiling some grand secret? Nopes. Not at all. But when my thoughts were questioned with sarcasm, I think I have done well to get to the point that JediBrah agrees with them. (In this and the thread you refer to). Sarcasm is a two way street. So, all in all, I don't call people **** all that readily and eventually I make sure that they see my point. And I will use socratic method, rhetorical questions, syllogisms, spoon feeding, and whatever many more tools of communication are available to me in between to ensure that it is done so.
You don't sink this far into bait, soon it'll become your reality.

TheJediBrah

So, all in all, I don't call people **** all that readily and eventually I make sure that they see my point. And I will use socratic method, rhetorical questions, syllogisms, spoon feeding, and whatever many more tools of communication are available to me in between to ensure that it is done so.
lol you literally just have to directly state what your point is if it is questioned and everyone will understand immediately. The issue is you tend not to do that and you use all these other ridiculous "tools of communication" instead.